Chapter 2: Battle Between Two

AJanae's POV:

"You're late." our English teacher declared. I quickly took out my timetable and searched it and found that he was to be called Mr Cojack and I wanted to giggle at the unusual name but held it in since we were in enough trouble as it was for being late.

"Sorry Sir. I was helping the new student, AJ. She was lost." Zinec explained managing to save both of us from punishment.                                                

"What's your excuses?" Mr Cojack asked and I turned around to see who was behind me and found that it was Drew and Fourie. I had not even been aware of their two presences from behind until Mr Cojack pointed it out. I gave an inner sigh, not looking forward to spending a whole period in the same class with them. I didn't mind Drew so long as Fourie wasn't with him.    

"We were busy with football practise. Not all of us do nothing in our free time in the morning." Fourie answered, his tone filled with attitude as implying that Sir was idle and did nothing.                                                                                                                                                                     

"Mr Slate don't you play football?" Sir asked a guy at the back of the classroom and he obviously hadn't been paying much attention to any of the conversation since his head shot up in panic when sir mentioned his name. 

"What?" he asked, pushing back his black hair from his face to reveal his dark eyes.

Sir sighed before speaking, "Huh Slate. Do you ever pay any attention? I asked if you played football." 

"Yes, I do." he answered smoothly and once he saw that Sir was done with him he rested his head back onto his table and closed his eyes.

"Please explain that Falcon." Sir narrowed his eyes at Fourie.

"He finished before us along with the others. Drew and I add in the extra work to become the best. You can't expect us just to finish when everyone else does." Fourie answered with arrogance.                                                                          

"Don't let it happen again. Fourie, Drew, Zinec, please take your seats." Sir replied politely trying to resolve the issue at hand. It was then that I noticed that everyone was seated except for me and currently all eyes were fixed on me. The only seat open was next to Fourie and I would much rather stand the whole lesson that sit next to him.

Sir was about to ask me to take a seat is what I presumed but then he halted and was staring at me as if he saw something only now. "What happened to your head?" 

I had already forgotten about the door incident and was hoping not to be reminded of it  but now that Sir had noticed I knew I'd have to explain. "Funny story Sir...I ran into the door." I filled Sir in with sarcasm dripping with each word because I knew dam well that I hadn't run into the door. The class began laughing and suddenly I was feeling more at ease with this class. Sir even joined in with the laughter and all were laughing except of course for Fourie and Drew.

"You don't seem shy at all. Do you mind introducing yourself to the class?" Sir asked, clearly wanting to know more about me and although he pegged me as the non shy type he couldn't be more wrong.

"Sure." I lied because I did mind, but it was not like I could refuse a teacher's requests although I'm sure a guy like Fourie would in a heart beat.

"Well I come from Wakefield, Little Rock to be specific-" I got interrupted.

"Was it nice in Wakefield? Was there a lot of people? Are you enjoying Morrow Bay better?" Zinec asked, basically jumping up and down on her toes in anticipation for an answer to all her invading questions.