Chapter 22

"This was always Wandas favourite" you smiled sadly while the episode of a Sitcom started playing.

"I remember that time you had broken your arm and you both watched this sitcom on repeat until you were healed" Pietro laughed at the memory.

"Yeah" you thought back on the distant memory

"Guys, we might have something" Natasha called you both back into the room hours later. Clicking off the TV you both moved off of Wandas bed and met up with the others again as Nebula started talking to the group.

"Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask 'where would we go once his plan was complete?'. His answer was always the same: 'To the Garden.'"

"That's cute, Thanos has a retirement plan." Rhode commented, unamused with this answer you had been given.

"So where is he?" Steve points the question that you needed answers to.

"When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it... Until two days ago." Rocket pulls up a hologram of earth, showing the power surge before another planet appeared with the same power surge. "On this planet."

"Thanos is there." Nebula stated with confidence in this lead.

"He used the stones again." Natasha leaned forward to get a better look at the hologram.

"Hey, hey, hey. We'd be going in short-handed, you know." Bruce voiced his concern.

"Look, he's still got the stones, so—" Rhode was cut off.

"So let's get him... Use them to bring everyone back." Carol cut in, finishing for him.

"Just like that?" Bruce seemed unsure with this plan.

"Yeah, just like that." Steve agreed.

"Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this... I mean we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try." Natasha agreed too.

"They're right, we have to do this" you spoke up with your opinion.

"Y/n, I know you lost your sister, but this isn't the same as fighting Ultron" Rhode told you.

"I know" you looked his straight in the eyes with determination.

"If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?" Bruce asked another question in protest, ending your argument with Rhode.

"Because before, you didn't have me." Carol was getting confident in her ability's.

"Hey, new girl, everyone here is about that superhero life. And if you don't mind my asking, where the hell have you been all this time?" Rhode toned her down a notch.

"There are a lot of other planets in the universe. And unfortunately, they didn't have you guys." Carol reminded everyone. Standing up suddenly from the table everyone had look to Thor who walked to stand over Carol. He held his hand out and pulled his axe into the room with him, still staring down the new avenger.

"I like this one." Thor nods to you all as Carol smiles proudly.

"Let's go get this son of a bitch." Steve stated strongly. "Gear up"

The group of you all gathered into the Guardians ship. Flying away from earth with Rocket as your pilot you sat strapped in tightly and ready for a trip to space.

"Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket looked back at you all with his question. You, Natasha, Pietro, Steve and Rhode all raised your hands.

"Why?" Rhode asked, putting his hand back down while Carol chuckled simply at what was about to happen.

"You better not throw up on my ship." Rocket scolds.

"Approaching jump in 3... 2... 1!" Nebula announced. The ship jumps forward through the bright colours of space to reach the planet where the blast came from days ago. You head was pressed against the back of the seat with your eyes squeezed shut.

"I'll head down for recon." Carol told you all as she flew outside of the ship upon reaching your destination. Moving down to the planet to take a look at the situation below before you head in to the fight.

"We will get her back" Pietro promised, holding your hands for reassurance.

"I hope you're right" you looked up at him.

"Aren't I always" he smirked with a joking tone to cover up his own doubts and worry. "I miss her too" he pulled you into his chest for a tight hug, understanding that now was not the time to make jokes.

"No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind. It's just him." Carol reported, joining you all again and pulling your attention back to the mission.

"And that's enough." Nebula claimed simply. The ship was flown down to the surface where you all got off and ready for the attack.

Carol rushed in through the roof, blasting Thanos back and pulling him into a headlock. She kicked his arm away so that he couldn't close it into a fist while the Hulkbuster emerged from the ground, grabbing ahold of Thanos gauntlet. Rhode busted in and grabbed his other hand, all three of them holding him down for Thor to cut off his arm wearing the gauntlet. You walked in beside your brother, Steve and Natasha to find the titan groaning in pain from the wound Thor gave him.

"Oh no." Rocket sighed, flipping over the gauntlet to show that the stones were missing.

"Where are they?" Steve asked Thanos.

"Answer the question!" Carol tightened her hold when he failed to reply.

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation." Thanos spoke carefully.

"You murdered trillions!" Bruce pushed him down roughly with anger.

"You should be grateful." Thanos told him before he was punched again.

"Where are the Stones?" Natasha asked as she was ready to cry, you being held close to Pietro as you both knew the truth of the situation and that your sister wasn't coming back.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms." Thanos told you all.

"You used them two days ago!" Bruce shouted.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be." He sits up straighter. "I am... inevitable."

"We have to tear this place apart, he-he-he has to be lying." Rhode tried with little hope in his tone.

"My father is many things. A liar is not one of them." Nebula spoke up carefully and softly, looking down on the man before her.

"Ah, thank you, daughter." Thanos looks up to her. "Perhaps I treated you too harshly." He finished and seconds later Thor swung the axe, taking off the Titans head while splattering the blood onto Nebula.

"What... What did you do?" Rocket questioned in shock.

"I went for the head." Thor spoke softly with emotion before walking off like he didn't just kill someone. You all looked around in disbelief and lost hope before following back to the ship, silence taking over the group.

———————————————
Question of the day: what was your reaction to Thor killing Thanos in the beginning of the movie?

I would really appreciate if you could leave a vote on this story by simply clicking the little star on the screen. Voting lets me know that you readers are engaged in the story and it also helps to promote it and share it with other readers.