Chapter 40

"Hmm. Hmm. Yep! Definitely pregnant." The doctor announced after pulling his stethoscope away from Wandas belly.

"Well, that much we figured." Wanda said as he packed up his gear to leave.

"It's just kinda taken us by surprise. It's just kinda suddenly. Quite suddenly, wasn't it? I mean, practically overnight. I mean... How did this happen?" Vision asked with confusion, Wanda placing a stern hand on his leg to warn him from giving away too much about how fast this all happened.

"You see, when a man and a woman love each other very much..." the doctor starts until Wanda cuts him off from continuing.

"Well, we're just tickled pink, or blue." Wanda smiled.

"You're at about four months now. Is that right?" He directed the question to the pair. Wanda nods her head while vision shakes it but she sends him a look while nodding and he nods along as well after getting the hint. "I thought as much. We let the little ladies keep tabs on their growing babies with fruit. Makes it simple for them." The couple sent each other a look while the doctor continued.  "At four months, the fetus is about as big as a pear. At five months, a papaya. Six, grapefruit. Seven, pineapple. Eight, honeydew." Wanda nervously chuckled at the thought.

"Hypothetically speaking, what size fruit would it be at, say, hmm, 12 hours?" Vision pipes up.

"Uh, pardon? 12 hours?" The doctor is very confused by Visions words.

"Well, I think this line of questioning is fruitless." Wanda laughs while gripping visions arm.

"Well, hypothetically speaking, should we be concerned?" Vision asked.

"Hypothetically speaking, every new father-to-be gets nervous."

"Well, I have nerves of steel, so there goes your theory, Mr. Doctor..." Vision started confidently.

"Vision, why don't you see the doctor out?" Wanda offered, cutting off his soon to be rant.

"Good idea. Yes." Vision nodded along. He stood from the couch and walked the Doctor  towards the door. "Thank you so much for dropping by, Dr. Nielsen." Vision said as they exited the house for Wanda to enter the kitchen and find you and your brother leaning against the window area to listen into the appointment.

"You're really pregnant!" You smiled, hugging her closely.

"I'm going to be an Uncle!"

"Yes, and you are going to be an aunt" Wanda looked to you, holding your hands in hers before Vision entered again.

"Huh. Strangest thing just happened outside with Herb-- Whoa, Nelly!" Vision exclaimed as his wife turned around to face him. "Have you gotten bigger?" He gasped.

"Have I?" She looks down at her stomach and turns back to you but knocks a fruit off the table in the process. Vision speeds over and grabs it before it hits the ground. "I can't tell from this angle." Wanda continued calmly.

"I can't wait..." Vision started with a little laugh as he held up a papaya. "...to be a proud papa-ya."

~~~

"Why are we shopping for the baby?" Pietro complained as you were looking for strollers for your sisters child.

"Because Wanda asked us to and she is already busy enough setting up the nursery" you reminded him.

"How about this one" he proposed, showing you a stroller on the other side of the isle which he had sped towards.

"That's perfect" you claimed, helping him lift it into the cart to purchase.