Chapter 54

"Hey, it's my favorite member of the bureau. And my Favourite Avenger." Hayward started sarcastically as Jimmy and Clint were found and brought back into the base. "Reconfirm mission objective."

"His system is overloaded. I can't get anything through." A woman reported about the white Vision, ignoring the fact that two people working against them where listening.

"Still under control?" Hayward asked.

"He's still ours."

"You'll never be able to cover this up." Clint stepped up confidently.

"I won't have to. Wanda cancelled her show, so there's no footage proving there was ever more than one Vision." Hayward claimed as Clint reached out sneakily to grab a phone from off of the desk.

"Oh, there's S.W.O.R.D. HQ security tape and evidence of tampering, no doubt." Clint continued.

"No one's gonna care once I've eliminated Wanda Maximoff. They'll believe that the Vision who emerges from the Westview rubble is the same one she illegally tried to bring back to life. They'll thank me for recovering such a valuable asset. You could be a part of that victory, Jimmy. If only you had a little more vision." Hayward said, looking to the FBI agent after knowing Clint would not change his mind because of his past father-daughter relationship with Wanda Maximoff.

"That's a good one, Hayward. Okay, I'm convinced. Trouble is, my friends at Quantico will probably have something to say about your plan when they arrive inside the hour." Jimmy claimed with his own plan, Clint looking to him in shock as he was not told of this plan.

"You're bluffing."

"Am I?"

"We're done here." Hayward nodded him off. The two men were harshly taken, thrown to the ground where they were left unsupervised.

"Within the hour, huh?" Clint commented while maneuvering the paper clip in his hand to unlock the cuffs.

"Yeah, well I didn't think we had a plan and I just started talking" Jimmy claimed.

"Flourish." Clint set aside the handcuffs he had taken off before moving to help Jimmy. He pulled out the phone to call for backup. "Fury, we have a bit of a situation down here. Got any friends who could help with the clean up of this mess?" Clint called an old friend.

"Do I look like the director of shield to you? What kind of mess is it anyway?"

"Wanda maybe took a town hostage and brought Pietro, y/n and Vision back to life. Oh, and Natasha is inside as well" the archer added.

"I'll send some people" the former director of shield sighed before hanging up.

"Here" the phone was handed off to Jimmy to make his own call.

"Cliff. Uh, James Woo. Hey, I've got a situation and I was hoping you could get here inside the hour?" Jimmy said over the phone with a hopeful smile.

~~~

"Tommy!" Pietro called upon entering the boys room and seeing them safe. Tommy rushed to him while Billy made his way towards you.

"Billy!" You sighed as they were both safe.

"Where's mom?" Billy asked.

"And dad?" Tommy added.

"They are taking care of something. We came to check on you before we help them" you explained to the twins.

"Well, go help them!" Both boys urged.

"You heard them" Natasha gave a slight nod of her head. "Let's go. I'll meet you there" she said, prompting Pietro to speed you both where your sister was in the town square.

"Wanda!" You called out, jogging towards your sister who immediately turned ready to fight you.

"God, don't scare me like that" she shook her head at you with a sigh escaping her lips. Your eyes went wide in a moment of attack. You put up a shield around your siblings and yourself to protect you all from the blast Agatha had sent.

"Wanda, you've never been up against another witch before. Did you know there's an entire chapter devoted to you in the Darkhold? That's the book of the damned." Agatha told her as you turned to face her strongly. She conjured up a book, reading through the old pages of it. "The Scarlet Witch is not born, she is forged. She has no coven, no need for incantation."

"I'm not a witch. I don't cast spells. No one taught me magic!" Wanda yelled back in frustration.

"Your power exceeds that of the Sorcerer Supreme. It's your destiny to destroy the world." Agatha continued.

"What is she talking about?" You asked Wanda with worry and confusion, scared for your sister.

"I'm not what you say I am." Wanda tells her once more, ignoring your questions.

"Oh, really?"  Agatha seemed unconvinced before chanting out spells in Latin.

"Wanda?" Dottie questioned as you locked eyes with her.

"Dottie?" Wanda questioned as she marched forward with slight fear towards you all.

"My name is Sarah. I have a daughter. She's eight. Maybe she could be friends with your boys. If you like that storyline. Or, uh, the school bully, even. Really, anything. If you could just let her out of her room. If I could just hold her, please." The woman begged shyly.

"What are you doing to her? You're making her say this." Wanda accused Agatha.

"She's your meat puppet, I just cut her strings." Agatha shrugged calmly with a smirk settling on her lips. She started to chant again, cutting everyone else free from Wandas spell. Wanda backed up past you and Pietro, the two of you getting pushed away as the people marched angrily towards your sister.

"I don't recognize my face in the mirror, my voice when I speak. I used to try to resist you, but now, I can't remember why. Do you?" Herb asked her, walking closer.

"My husband's on a business trip. Tell him I love him and not to come back here ever." Beverly spoke up next with her own problems over the town Wanda had accidentally taken hostage.

"No, you're fine. You're fine. You're all... You're all going to be fine." Wanda tried to convince them as you watched in horror at what had happened to these people all because of your death, Visions death and Pietros death.

"When you let us sleep, we have your nightmares." Norm claimed.

"Wanda?" Pietro asked her but she started to spiral into chaos and panic.

"No, that's not true. I've... I've kept you safe in here. You... You feel... You feel at peace." Wanda said.

"We feel your pain." Dottie said.

"No."

"Your grief is poisoning us." Mrs Hart told her.

"No, stop!"

"Please, let us go."

"I wanna get back home."

"Let us go."

"Stop." Wanda spun around to look at everyone, eyes darting through the crowd as she lost sight of her triplets. She became quickly overwhelmed as they all closed in, shouting at her with their own problems and making her the villain.

"Wanda" your voice broke through to her and as soon as she looked into your eyes she saw all the hurt she had ever done flash through her mind.

"Stop!" Wanda shouted out in pain, busting out her powers as her red magic closed around everyone's throats, including you. She looked up at you and your brother with even more fear and sadness. "No! Stop. Stop, I'm sorry." She tried to stop her hold on them all. You all gasped for air as the people looked to her with hatred.

"If you won't let us go, just let us die. Please." Mrs Hart begged darkly from where she had collapsed onto the ground.

"I will..." Wanda started. "I will let you go. I will. I will." She made her point clear with determination as you gave her a small proud smile. Pieter pulled you to your feet and you noticed tears running down Wandas cheeks at what she realized she would have to do.

——————————————————
Question of the day: what did you think about Wanda letting the people go?