Chapter 48

"Halloween's a magical holiday, all about family, friends, and the thrill of getting to be someone else for a day." Billy told you as you both walked downstairs towards the kitchen after helping him put in his costume.

"Wrong! Halloween's about candy. And scaring people, but mostly candy." Tommy corrected loudly upon hearing you enter the kitchen.

"Where's your costume, Tommy?" You asked your other nephew.

"This is my costume. I'm the cool twin." He said proudly, reminding you of something Pietro would say.

"What does that make me?" Billy frowned.

"Hmm..." Tommy thought. "A dorksaurus rex." He answered.

"Not a real dinosaur." Billy reminded matter of factly. Both boys took their bowls of cereal and froze upon entering the living room where Pietro had fallen asleep playing video games.

"Man. He even snores cool. I'm gonna go wake him up." Tommy claimed with eagerness in his tone as you listened to the pair from the kitchen doorway.

"Don't!" Billy held his brother back with seriousness.

"You scared?" Tommy teased while you noticed Pietro wake up from his slumber.

"He's our uncle. Why would I be scared?" Billy asked in an offended way.

"'Cause it's four o' clock in the afternoon and you're secretly afraid he's a vampire." Tommy whispered.

"No, I'm not!" Billy protested.

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not"

"Yes, you are"

"Blood is thicker than water! I'll show you!" Pietro sped over and shouted at the boys while you laughed at the trio of trouble maximoffs. The boys screamed out in fear they ran past him but he sped back in front of them before he started to circle around them. He paused in front of them pretendeing to stab at them violently as you laughed from the side.

"Oh, somebody better be bleeding, broken, or on fire!" Wanda rushed downstairs in her costume, worried as to why her sons were screaming.

"Whoa, Mom! Are you old Red Riding Hood?" Billy gasped at her costume, turning to face her. Pietro snorted and you shoved him playfully, joining the group.

"I'm a Sokovian fortune teller!" She posed to show off the outfit.

"Wow. That is so..." Pietro trailed.

"Rad!" Tommy cheered.

"Lame." Your brother finished.

"Lame." Tommy corrected himself.

"Looks like we've got a mini Pietro" you told your sister who only sighed at the thought.

"Worse than the costumes Mom made us the year we got typhus." Pietro brought back the memory. Vision jogged down the stairs after a moment to reveal his own costume.  "Whoa! Sweet costume, Bro-Ham-In-Law! Let me guess, uh... Traffic light." Pietro started to joke as Vision sighed.  "Half-shucked corn. A booger!" Pietro continued to guess as Wanda helped you add the final piece to your own costume.

"Yes." Vision decided, only to make Pietro stop guessing.

"Yes!" Your brother cheered before you pulled him over to play video games with the boys.

"What do you say, boys? Who's ready for that first hit of high fructose corn syrup?" Vision looked over your small group in front of the tv.

"Yes! Headlock!" Pietro cheered while playing video games.

"Get out of there! Get out of there!" Tommy urged you while you tried to play along but struggled slightly to keep up.

"Well, you have fun tonight, darling!" Vision started off towards the door with a wave. You looked back to see her question him about something.

"What? What do you mean? You're all dressed and ready to go."

"I'm undercover." He stated in a whisper to her. "Halloween is a bacchanal for adolescent trouble-makers and the neighborhood watch is the only thing that stands between the trees and the toilet paper."

"No, that's not what you're supposed to—" she started before he cut her off defensively.

"What?"

"You didn't tell me you had plans." She crossed her arms with a sigh.

"Well, I am telling you now." He placed his hands on his hips as a counter offer.

"Mom and Dad have been... not fighting, just, like, different." Billy looked to you as he noticed your confusion at the pair.

"Oh, Billy" you sighed to him feeling bad, pulling him for a side hug.

"It's their first Halloween, you have to be there." Wanda ordered him sternly before you and Pietro went to break it up.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. What's the big dealio?" Pietro asked and you slapped his arm.

"Really?" You scolded, but he ignored you.

"Big guy has a conflict, twins need a father figure for the night. Don't sweat it, sis. I got the old XY chromosome." Pietro continued, Wanda and you let out a laugh while Vision still seemed unamused by the whole situation. "Uncle P to the rescue, huh?" He offered.

"There you go. Problem solved." Vision oddly nudged Pietro shoulder. "You have a spooky time tonight, kids." Vision exaggerated to the children.

"Goodnight, Dad!" Billy said not turning from his game.

"Bye, Dad!" Tommy quickly looked back over his shoulder.

"Wanda... Be good."

———————————————————-
Question of the day: what's your favourite holiday?

I started posting my Spider-Man imagines again, go check them out!