Chapter 36

"First and foremost, our main objective is to get any intel on Agent Romanoff, but originally, this case was a missing person, so we're going to start there. We've successfully identified two individuals inside the Westview anomaly. Let's keep going." Woo ordered out to the whole team as Clint placed yours and Pietro's photos on the wall and Woo placed Wanda and Vision on the wall, all four of you having been identified as avengers.

"This guest is leaving your home." Darcy watched again as Mrs Hart covered Wandas eyes.

"Yes, thank you for coming." Wanda laughed back.

"Mr. and Mrs. Hart. Played by Todd and Sharon Davis." Darcy reported back to Woo, pinning their photos onto the wall.

"Computational forms. And no one can process the data quite like you do, pal." Norm spoke to Vision at work.

"Agent Woo." An agent got the mans attention and handed over a paper.

"Abilash Tandon is Norm." Woo called out as the tv continued to play the recorded footage.

"Harold Proctor is Jones." Darcy said.

"We got Isabel Matsueida cast as Beverly."

"John Collins as Herb."

~~~

"Ladies and gentlemen, for my final trick, I bring you the Cabinet of Mysteries!" Vision cheered out to you and Pietro who both sat on the couch watching your sisters talent show act. He waved his hand but nothing happened and you watched awkwardly as Vision stood blankly. "Darling, that's your cue." Vision calls out for Wanda.

"Did you say, 'Cabinet of Mysteries?'" She asked back having not heard him.

"I said, 'The Cabinet of Mysteries!'" He exaggerates again with enthusiasm. Waving his hands once more Wanda had gotten her cue and rolled a large box out towards you all.

"Oh, that's my cue. Ooh!" She exclaimed while pulling it over.

"Holy Toledo! Darling, do all the other acts in the talent show have such elaborate props?" Vision gasped at the large cabinet that you and Wanda had recently made together.

"Are you kidding? Fred and Linda are building a moat and a fully-functioning portcullis and no one even knows why. Let's keep going." Your sister urged on her husband, you and Pietro watching eagerly.

"Yes, yes. Where was I? Um... Watch closely as I, Illusion, Master of Enigma, make my captivating assistant, Glamour, disappear." Vision opened the cabinet for Wanda to step inside.

"You really are very dashing." Wanda flirted with her husband as you and your brother watched from the side thinking they both forgot about you.

"Mmm, thank you, darling. Fear not, Glamour. For I, Illusion, vow to bring you back exactly as you are." Vision continued with her before Pietro cleared his throat, reminding them of your presence.

"Ooh!" Wanda gasped before he closed the cabinet around her.

"Abracadabra!" Vision waved a wand at the cabinet to open it and reveal Wanda was missing. Pietro got defensive as his sister was missing but you knew how it worked and sat back watching Pietros reaction.

"Ta-ta!"

"Where did my sister go?" Pietro demanded sternly, about to get up and fight the Android. You only laughed at him as Wanda walked out behind a hidden door in the cabinet laughing too.

"Yes, um, Wanda, you're not at all worried that the audience might just see through this little charade?" Vision questioned with deniability.

"Well, that's the whole point. In a real magic act, everything is fake." She closes the cabinet behind her before she continued. "Darling, the talent show fundraiser is the most important event of the season and it's our neighborly duty to participate. Plus, it's our chance to appear as normal as possible while doing so."

"Well, I don't think that should be a problem." Vision gestures to his robotic face.

"This is our home now. I want us to fit in." She tells him as you and your brother stand to get ready.

"Oh, darling, we do. We shall. And we're gonna knock their socks off, especially with you wearing this." Vision pulled out an outfit to show her the leotard she would be wearing for the show.

"Oh, that's actually the rest of your costume." Wanda corrected in a joking manner.

"Oh!"

"Well, we better get going if We're gonna make the planning committee meeting." You warned your sister after checking your own watch.

"That's me off as well, actually. There's a gathering of the neighborhood watch at the public library. And after last night's excitement, I want to make sure this town's security is up to snuff." Vision spoke, dragging Pietro along with him.

"That's a swell idea. You tell those tree branches who's boss." Wanda teased her husband.

"Would you look at us? Wanda and Vision, Westview fitter-inners." Vision held her close as he spoke to her, giving her a quick kiss.

"I'll see you at curtain call." She laughed at him before turning to face you as the men left the house.

~~~

Darcy had gotten back to her seat with her cup of Ramen when she looked at the screen to see Natasha sitting off to the side of the frame. You and Wanda were in the background with Agnes shopping while Natasha sat on a nearby bench in a 60's costume. Darcy gasped at the sight, dropping her food to the floor and rushing off to find the others.

"Jimmy! Agent Barton!" Darcy called out, running through the base. "You've got to see this" she pulled them back towards her desk to show them the footage. "Does she seem okay to you?" Darcy asked, looking to Clint for answers.

"Well, she doesn't appear to be harmed in any way, but that is definitely not the boss lady I met yesterday." Woo claimed.

"So what, deep cover? Natasha has to play along?" Darcy asked, trying to get more information.

"With whom? Or else, what? All right. Brass tacks, Dr. Lewis. What are we lookin' at here? Is it an alternate reality? Time travel? Some cockamamie social experiment?" Woo asked out his list of questions.

"It's a sitcom. A 1950s sitcom." Clint answered obviously.

"But why?"

"Hey, man, we're working with the same scarcity of intel. But, listen, I do have an idea." Darcy prompted. They followed her out as she set up some gear outside of the base. "So, you've seen that radio in Wanda's kitchen counter, right? The next time she's washing dishes, which, by my count, happens about once an episode, barf, we'll shoot a signal to that little guy. This transmitter will mimic the frequency of the broadcast, and if my theory is right, allow us to speak directly to her. This is totally gonna work. Don't touch that." She explained and paused as Woo almost touched a button.

"Agent Barton." An Sword agent handed him a file.

"Is this from the current episode?" Woo asked, looking over Clints shoulder.

"Aired about two minutes ago." The woman stated.

"What is it?" Darcy turned away from her work for answers.

"What does it look like to you?" Clint showed her the file.

"Like a retro version of a S.W.O.R.D. Drone?" She questioned with confusion as to why it was in an episode.

"Bingo." Woo pointed.

"But how did it change and why?" Clint thought for more answers.

"Uh, to go with the production design?" Woo suggested weakly.

"Or render it useless." Darcy added.

"Why'd you colorize it?" Clint turned to the agent.

"I didn't."

"Let's get this show on the road." Darcy finished setting up before her and Jimmy ran inside. "Clint, you ready?" She asked him over radio as she sat down at her desk.

"Ready."

———————————————
Question of the day: what do you think of Clint trying to help get Wanda out of Westview?