Chapter 29

"In all my years of conquest– violence– slaughter– It was never personal. But I'll tell you now– what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet– I'm gonna enjoy it. Very, very much." Thanos taunted, standing ahead of you with his army.

"Hey, Cap, you read me?" Sam's voice cracked through comms. Steve looked around with confusion as to where this was coming from but you kept your eyes ahead, focused on the incoming army. "Cap, it's Sam. Can you hear me?" He repeated before you decided to look around as well, confusion pulling at your face."On your left." Sam said finally, prompting you to all look over your left shoulder to the portal opening. Okoye, black Panther and Shuri stepped through before Sam flew out and dozens of portals opened around the battlefield to bring heroes from all over the galaxy to help join the fights. Natasha gasped alongside you in shock and amazement at what was happening.

"Wanda" you smiled upon seeing her but tears filled your eyes as you remembered Pietro and how you would have to break the news to her, but now was not the time.

"AVENGERS!" Steve shouted out as everyone stood ready with him. He summons the hammer before finishing his call out. "Assemble." Steve finished and you all cried out, running head first into battle.

"Cap, what do you want me to do with this damn thing?" Clint asked through comms as he ran past your invisible form with the gauntlet like it was a football.

"Get those stones as far away as possible!" Steve replied.

"No! We need to get them back where they came from." Banner warned urgently as he punched an outrider.

"No way to get them back. Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel." Tony reminded, fighting alongside his wife to shoot lasers at the army.

"Hold on!" Scott pulled out a remote to a car. "That wasn't our only time machine." He stated before a honking tune played out.

"Anyone see an ugly, brown van up there?" Steve called out to the team.

"Yes! But you're not gonna like where it's parked!" You replied having went back to your normal state and moved onto phasing through the creatures.

"Scott, how long you need to get that thing working?" Tony asked him.

"Maybe ten minutes."

"Get it started. We'll get the stones to you."

"We're on it, Cap." The wasp replied next before they both set off on their way.

"Clint! Give it to me." Tchalla called out, noticing the man was surrounded by monsters. The gauntlet was passed onto the King of Wakanda who ran away a with it. Looking over your shoulder you spotted your sister who was also surrounded by monsters.

"Wanda!" You called to get her attention but a piercing pain through your back stopped your movements.

"Y/n!" She cried out, sending a pulse of energy to destroy all of the monsters around her as her eyes started to glow a bright red with anger. You coughed up blood and only then did you realize that Thanos blade was impaled through you. Your body was dropped to the ground before Wanda dropped down in front of it, protecting you defensively. "You took everything from me." She glared at the titan darkly.

"I don't even know who you are." Thanos told her simply.

"You will." She smashed debris's down on him with anger. He swung his blade towards her but she pushed it back, rage controlling her every movement. She captured him in her grasp and crushed his body.

"Rain fire!" Thanos ordered out as his body was slowly closing in on itself.

"But sire, our troops!"

"Just do it!" Cannons started firing down on the Avengers when Wanda made a shield with her powers, running over to you as you were on your last breath.

"Pietro-he didn't—I'm sorry" you choked out before you finally died and she held your hand tightly in her own, tears stinging her eyes but she pushed on, knowing thats what you would have done and did for the past five years.