Chapter 38

"...bigger and better every season." Dottie spoke at the poolside.

"Uh, Clint, Natasha is talking to Wanda. She's got a speaking part now." Darcy told him as she watched the new episode live on her computer.

"What is she saying?"

"Those pants are peachy keen." Natasha told your sister.

"She likes Wanda's pants." Darcy replied to Clints question.

"We only have a few hours..." Dottie started again.

"Wanda's at some sort of swim club. We've never been here before." Darcy continued to report information to him from the new episode.

"Is it the '60s still?" Clint asked having not seen the full episode yet.

"Uh, uh, Wanda's with another character."

"Real person?" Woo asked, staring intently to figure out his answer.

"I can't help but wonder if you and I haven't gotten off..." Wanda talked with Dottie as the camera angle changed and Darcy noticed something off to the side.

"Ooh, uh, radio on the side table. Start talking."

"Wanda. Wanda, can you read me, over?" Clint started into the microphone. "Can she hear me?" Clint asked back to the duo inside.

"I don't think so. Keep trying." Darcy told him as she intensely watched on, hoping her plan would work.

"Wanda?" Clint started talking again. "Wanda?" The radio crackled. "Wanda. Who is doing this to you, Wanda? Wanda? Can you hear me? I'm here to help."

"Pop quiz, Wanda. How does a housewife get a bloodstain out of white linen?" The footage cut for a second to Dottie talking to Wanda once again.

"Wait." Darcy watched in confusion

"What?" Clint worried, still outside.

"I don't know." Darcy continued in confusion.

"By doing it herself." Dottie claimed.

"That was weird." Darcy thought, still on headpiece with Clint.

"What was?"

"They say a man is never fully-dressed without two important..." the commercial cut in with an add for a Strucker watch.

"Nothing." She sighed. "It's over. Mission failure."

"It was worth a try. Good effort, Doctor." Jimmy patted her on the back before leaving her alone.

"Yeah, come on in." Darcy told Clint with some disappointment evident in her tone.

~~~

You took your seat in the crowd after leaving Wanda backstage to prepare for the show. A few minutes before the show started you noticed Pietro guiding Vision backstage before he joined you with a smile.

"This is gonna be good" Pietro claimed with a smirk.

"What did you do?" You sent him a questioning look.

"Nothing" he raised his hands in defence. "But Vision may have done something to make himself drunk"

"What?" You snapped in a hushed tone as to not gain any unwanted attention.

"Just enjoy the show" your brother leaned back in his seat as Dottie took the stage.

"I want to thank you all for coming out to support Westview Elementary, 'For the children.'" Dottie announced on stage.