008

Sides

Sides

A dreading long silence surrounded us as we awaited the reappearance of Minho and Felix.

Chan and I stood still outside the teachers office and without a sound we remained side by side. We could hear the voices from inside although nothing was clear so I was left to overthink every little sound.

"Stay away from Minho" Chan turned to me with a serious look plastered on his face and we kept a few seconds of silence before he spoke again "you'll just end up hurting him like Felix did" a long sigh leaves my lips at his words "oh so it's totally minho who's covered in blood and bruises right? Oh and not to forget Minho started the fight from what I heard but of course it's Felix's fault...just like you cheating was Felix's fault?"

He didn't utter a word at my reply instead rage filled his eyes and he stared down at the ground "don't talk if you don't know the full story please" Chan's voice was dripped with command however, I didn't care enough to settle now "care to share it"

He came to stand in front of me, his eyes not once blinking as he stares into mine deeply and I was feeling a lot warmer compared to before, my heart beat rising and I could only blink away the stinging pain in my eyes.

"Please just keep your mouth shut. I already heard enough shit coming from Felix's mouth, I really don't need an extra one" his posture didn't make sense with the delicacy of his voice and I finally understood why so many never stood up to Chan.

I swallowed the whole book I had written in my mind to defend Felix, I could no longer understand my words, all I felt was the grammar mistakes and that only a pile of nonsense would be spitting out.

"So just stay away..."

"Why should I? We haven't done anything wrong, it's you guys who should stay away!" I'm aware that keeping quiet would have been a better option in this matter but it's just so angering.

"Why are you treating Minho like some weak girl? What the fuck is so wrong with him?"

At this, his hands crawl around my collar, his veins doubling in size as his knuckles redden, face close and breathe just centimetres apart.

I gulped.

"I said shut up" he whispered yet i found myself trembling despite the fact I hovered slightly above him but I couldn't even lift a finger. I was scared of the calmness in his voice yet scared of the barely piercing nails digging into my neck.

"What's going on?" Without a second, both our heads turned to face a worried wounded Minho, he stood beside Chan, his hands on his arm as he gently tugged at his blazer and pulled him away. Not once did our eyes meet.

"Nothing, let's go." Chan replied, back to his old self as he displayed a smile of affection at Minho who only avoided contact in response.

Felix was still not present and as I watched the other two away, I felt a bang in my heart, their bond... It was annoying.

Why couldn't Chan stay with Felix? Why couldn't I get the chance to stand by him instead? Why can't I?

"Hyunjin!" Felix eyed me annoyingly as he followed my gaze and sighted before stompting away to the opposite side and it took a while to process before I proceeded to follow an angered Felix with still clenched fists.

"Hey wait! Felix what's wrong?" I shouted after him however, he didn't bother to stop so I reached out and grabbed his wrist, finally gaining his attention.

Tears glittered in his eyes and lips trembling as he looked down at my hold before a few inaudible sounds slipped past. He pulled his wrist away before his arms pulled around my waist and pulled me into a hug. His face buried into my chest as he started heavyly crying and clenching my blazar.

"I hate him! I hate Minho so fuckinh much... Why can't he just disappear. He deserves nothing good to happen to him..."

"I hope he dies..."

°°°

Thank you for 900+ reads 💗
Also sorry for the late update, life hasn't been the best

What's your favourite comeback of the year?