028

Are You Okay?

Are You Okay?

"Thank you jimin" I mumbled. I felt the redness from embarrassment devour my skin. I can't believe I just cried at work.

"No problem! I'm glad you were able to cry at least, it doesn't do anyone any good keeping everything in" I nodded at his words, he's right about it.

I hope Minho one day realises these words apply to him too and that I'm here for those times, he goes through so much yet I've only gotten a small glimpse of it.

"If there's something causing you this much pain... You know it's best to end it before it gets worst" he looked me dead in the eyes, words pierced through my heart, they truly spoke to me but somehow my mind jumbled them up and I couldn't make sense of it at all.

Minho was doing the opposite, he was bringing happiness

Wasn't he?

I nodded again, this time unaware of what the right reply could possibly be. How can I deny myself of such an experience because I feel too much, and simply because my heart is so inexperienced that every feeling comes in ten times its weight.

"Don't ignore me hyunjin. You may not realise it right now but real love isn't meant to be painful" what was I meant to say ?

"He's just in pain and going through things-"

"And you aren't?" He cut me off, a chuckle followed his words and it left me speechless, let me deny logic and be foolish enough to believe this situation is okay.

It's a way of learning and moving forward. Love comes with prices at every stage, painful or happy.

"Don't be a fool" he looked at me one more time before heading inside, leaving me to my mind once again...

I took my phone out, dialing the one number I had on repeat in my mind.

A few rings passed, causing the beats of my heart to align with them, the breathing halting every couple seconds. I wasn't expecting an answer but each time I couldn't help but anticipate such to happen.

"He-hello" Minho answered, his voice dry.

"..." I didn't know what to say, after wanting to hear his voice, wanting to know he's okay, wanting his attention.

Im lost.

"Hyunjin is everything okay? Why aren't you talking?" He rushed his words, still the lack of emotions made me fill up with more pain.

"Sorry I've just been missing you so much and got so happy hearing your voice" I laughed.

"Gosh! I told you if you wanna talk or call I'm here"

Then why didn't you answer all those other times?

"I know! I just didn't want to bother you"

"You're never bothering me" he reassured.

"Minho are you okay?" I asked and he kept silent for a while before replying "I am... Look hyunjin I have to go I'm really busy right now. Talk to you later!"

"By-"

He hung up before I could even say a word back.

But Minho I'm not okay, I think I need you

°°°

A song that you think represents your life or personality/feelings