025

Just A Phase

Just A Phase

I wasn't clueless when it came to subtly signs of mental health.

The sudden change in behaviour, the need to distance but also socialise beyong your capacity. The changed eating habits, talking about meaningless topics to create a distraction.

The will to punish oneself despite not having done a single ouch of something criminal.

Its something I see far too often. Such emotions cloud not just the affected person but those around, it drills in the mind with negative possibilities.

However, I never thought such a person could be so near to me, so dear. I never wanted to put myself through the pain of witnessing the worsening state of such people.

Maybe that's why even though Minho is hurting, I cannot put out the little sparkles of joy erupting inside, the knots unknotting, the shadow that clouded my mind gone.

Just a simple "are you okay?" Was all I could bring myself to ask Minho and he smiled ever so dearly at me as if I was the one in pain and he nodded "I'm always fine" and that he was in his mind but the outside spoke words through his eyes to which i was grateful to as it was the little window into his soul that he was unaware of.

"I promise to never push you this far again, I don't wanna bring up horrible memories for you"

"I'm sorry..." There was silence between us, the fact Minho spoke no words carved into my heart that he wasn't forgiving me for this.

I had exceeded the limit of what I could know about him. it was frightening to know such a big wall stood between us, we were truly strangers with connected feelings only.

He neared me silently, putting his arms around as he took me into a warm hug "hyunjin I'm sorry" his words was a surprise "what for?" He looked at me and instead of answering me, he leaned in and kissed me.

It was soft as our first, it had emotions behind it and it certainly caused fireworks inside me but the taste of strawberry Chapstick wasn't present and the lingering I had for it only grew by the second.

I was so lost in our moment that I had failed to acknowledge the sound appearing and the worst had obviously welcomed us.

"What the fuck?!"

°°°

How did your first love go?