015

Past Issues

Past Issues

"what are you doing here?" A wet Minho entered the cafe I worked at and just so unluckily I was at the till...

"Oh! I forgot you worked here sorry I'll go" he apologized, his expression puzzled as he watched the outside rain, pulling a disgusted face.

"What do you want to order?" I simply spoke and he instantly lightened up at this "hot chocolate! With cream please" he smiled cutely, his hands shaked extremely as he struggled getting his phone out of his pocket.

"what were you doing outside so long that you're like this?" I didn't mean to be nosey or even show slight interest but it just slipped out.

"remember that best friend" he started but stoped, waiting for my response to ensure I remembered and so I nodded "he lives around here so I dropped by but his parents wouldn't let me in... I know embarrassing" he went even more red than he already was from the cold.

"Wh-" I stopped immediately as I spotted the phone he took out, screen cracked around the edges but that wasn't what caught me off guard. It was the picture of a boy I'd never seen around here.

Blonde hair that almost reached his dark eyes, face slightly long but pale, a big smile and next to him a Minho barely recognisable... Perhaps he was younger but the smile he had was something that felt fictional despite the face mask half covering his lips, the happiness was extremely evident. I noticed both boys had some sort of animal ears and I could just never see the current Minho with that.

They looked so happy.

"Oh wrong phone hah" he caught a glimpse of the lockscreen too and didn't seem to be happy about it, he shoved it back into his pocket before pulling out his phone which he paid with.

"Take a seat, I'll bring it over"

Who the hell carries two phones though? Is that normal especially if it's as broken as that. Gosh it's annoying, why did he look so happy there? Who was that boy? The best friend? The cousin?

Or are they the same person...

Minho mentioned his best friend was anger at him because of what he did with Chan but Jeongin said he was doing this shit with Chan while dating.

Am I overthinking?

"Hyunjin go on your break now" my supervisor ordered as he took over my position, I had just finished preparing the hot chocolate so I just said ok before moving to sit down at the table Minho was at.

"Is Jeongin's cousin your best friend?" I instantly quizzed, placing the hot chocolate down. Minho was clearly surprised by my question but this very reaction gave me the answer I didn't want.

"So you guys are still together? And you're still cheating on him? After everything Minho you still mess up" my voice wavered, I hated this so much.

"we're not together.... Well we can't be" he chuckled but I gave no reaction, just sat still and looked at him. He gulped before preparing to speak about "did Jeongin tell you everything?" I just stared, still refusing to speak.

It appeared to have created an effect on him, he couldn't sit still, legs shaking under the table.

"I haven't seen him si-since the accident in middle school... After I got send away I wasn't allowed to ask about him" he kept blinking, scratching himself around his nails, my eyes kept switching before his hand and expression.

"send away for what?" I finally broke my silence and it stopped his scratching but not for long "you know..." He avoided eye contact but I have no replies, causing his uneasiness to increase.

"Minho you know damn well I don't" I spoke in a much deeper tone then I'd intended which made him look at me weirdly.

I don't know what we're playing at right now, especially after what happened with Jeongin and that promise. I'm sitting here acting as if we hadn't fallen out but instead grew closer. Whenever I'm alone with him, I see someone else, not the Minho who acts aggressively because he can't handle basic human emotions.

Here he's human with me, I feel a connection, I feel and see a normal human being who needs closure and understanding.

"To get fixed hyunjin..."

°°°

It's already chapter 16 woww!! Ngl thought I'd drop this by like chapter 10 but I'm starting to like it a bit.
Like when I came up with this story I was so happy with it but obviously didn't go through with everything I wanted in this story but I'm sure it'll get better overtime.

Also thanks for 7k and 500+ votes I'm so grateful ❤️

What's ur star sign and something that's said about it that isn't correct in ur case