C5 Year1 Part2

" Detention ?. On Halloween?. What have you done to deserve that ?", Hermione asked the topaz eyed girl while she buttered a dinner roll .

" I knocked down a portrait in Lockhart's class ," Iridessa answered from her seat next to Harry at the Gryffindor table , her elbows on either side of her plate  ," It was an accident , but it was like I've murdered the portrait . You should've heard the way he scolded me . Called me names that I don't want to repeat ".

Ron,who munched on a drumstick, for once felt like he could kiss the girl for doing something to aggravate the narcissistic teacher Gilderoy Lockhart that thought he knew better than anyone else .

Hermione looked at the girl with narrowed eyes, feeling quite disappointed in her, but she didn't voice it . It wouldn't make a difference now .

" Oh, there's nothing for it now , Dessie . You'll just have to push through it  then and not get yourself into trouble again ".

Iridessa huffed . " I didn't do it on purpose ," she protested .

" I know , but you did break a portrait , so ...."

Iridessa pouted ,but didn't say anything back . Hermione was after all right . She broke a teacher's property even if it was by accident.

She picked up a fork to eat the pasta on her plate .

A hand touched her shoulder and she looked up to see that it was Harry ." I've had detention with him ," he said ," It was boring . So don't worry , he won't give you stinky cauldrons like Snape. "

She nodded . Then she thought of something . " Hey , did Ron really throw up slugs last Saturday ?. Colin and Ginny said it was something awful".

Some people groaned around the table . They were eating and her asking questions like that was robbing them of their appetites.

" Yeah, only because he tried to hex Malfoy and his wand is broken , so the hex backfired ".

Iridessa shook her head . " Silly wand . Ginny should've been the one to hex that git. Too bad he's blonde like my Daddy, but he isn't as pretty looking . Maybe I should dye his hair blue or something . "

" Dye your Daddy's or Malfoy's," Fred and George chorused from across the table.

" Malfoy's ,of course. I would never dye my Daddy's hair . He's a doctor . The hospital will think he's gone insane . I love my Daddy too much to do that to him".

" You should dye it green . Malfoy'd love that ", Dean Thomas , a dark skinned boy from Harry's year ,adviced ," He's a Slytherin after all."

" I'd like blue hair ," Luna Lovegood joined into the conversation , sitting down beside Iridessa ," It would match my school robes. But I don't expect my Dad to like it much ."

Iridessa smiled at her ." Blue would match your eyes too , Luna Laguna  . "

She always added the Laguna part ,which always made Luna smile . At least it wasn't Loony Lovegood like some others called Luna.

Luna giggled , something she doesn't often do . It was a lovely sound to hear .

" We're going to be late for our astronomy lesson if we don't go now ", Ginny interrupted any more conversations .

Luna stood up , grabbing a reluctant Iridessa who just wanted to eat in peace .

" I'm coming , I'm coming," she grumbled ," See you later , Hermione ,Harry , everyone ".

With that the three girls , followed by other Gryffindor first year's , ran to the Astronomy tower .

Harry Potter only smiled as he watched the caramel blonde girl run .
         💚⚡🌈⚡💚
She sat glaring at the clock in the Defence Against the Dark Arts class , wishing for the detention to end .