C38 The Bitch Returns

The city of Volterra was full of people dressed in red.

Iridessa walked around, dressed in a red dress that Jane had brought her as a gift from the three Kings.

The dress wasn't that extravagant. Just a simple dress with lace long sleeves and a skirt that flared out from her middle to just above her knees. It almost looked like Jane's black dress. Though, Jane's dress was much longer.

Her caramel curls were styled perfectly and a clip on either side of her face held the hair back from obscuring her vision.

She stood by a a fountain, happily staring at the water, her eyes shining in delight at getting to participate in the festivities.

She was unaware that a Volturi guard watched her on the orders of the Kings.

She's precious to them, radiating an aura that made people like her.

The Volturi Kings liked her very much. Even the hot-headed Caius.

There was a sudden splash as someone suddenly disturbed the water, some of it splattering against Iridessa's face and chest, darkening the red of her dress as if it were blood.

She gaped at the person who disrupted her inner peace. It was none other than her brother's human girl, Isabella Swan and she felt dismay bubble up inside of her.

The girl didn't even spare her a glance as she rushed away towards the clocktower and Iridessa bit back a scream of anger at her lack of observation.

A cloak fell on her. A deep red one that reminded Iridessa of Red Riding Hood's cloak. She looked up to see who gave her the cloak and met the red eyes of a Volturi guard.

"Come, we must get you to the Masters. Things are about to go South for your brother."

She didn't protest as the guard took her arm and started leading her away through the crowds of people who came for the festival.

Through a grate in another part of the city they went and then used tunnels to get to the front lobby where Gianna sat smiling politely at Iridessa as they passed.

Then she was in the throne room and she found herself being held by one of the Kings and it made her feel quite uncomfortable. She began missing her family and wished that her brother wasn't such a fool to want to die because of one Bella Swan.

Hands carded through her curls in a soothing way and she wondered why a King had to hold her. Especially the hot-headed one.

Was she leverage? She hoped not. They may kill her and she didn't want to die.

" Relax ,Sweet Girl," a whisper came from soft cold lips straight into her delicate ears and she shivered involuntarily at the touch.

She suddenly missed Harry. Only he has the right to touch her ears with his lips. But then why did the Vampire King's lips feel so nice on her ear?

There were the sound of footsteps and she was released into the care of a guard, his hands gently but firmly holding her so that she wouldn't run towards the group of people that entered the room.

One of those people are none other than Sirius Black, her uncle, and he was reprimanding Edward loudly the whole way. Iridessa suppressed a sigh at how many names he called Edward.

Then they were there before the Kings and Iridessa wished that she could keep them from getting hurt.

" What a happy surprise!," Aro spoke in that dramatic way , smiling a smile that shouldn't have looked so menacing, but yet did. " Bella is alive after all. Isn't that....wonderful. I love a happy ending." He reached out to take Edward's hands. " Ah...they are so rare." He read Edward's thoughts. " La tua cantante. Her blood appeals to you so much." He swallowed looking at Bella. " It makes me thirsty. How can you stand to be so close to her?"