C16 Year3 Part2

" Nooo, you're joking , I didn't throw my name in the goblet !", Iridessa screeched causing the Hogwarts teachers and the two visiting heads of Durmstrang and Beaubaxtons to flinch .

The goblet of fire threw out three more names when it was being placed in its chest to be stashed away until the next tournament.

Only the teachers were present when that happened and everyone else was in their house dorms and the visiting schools were in their carriage and ship respectively .

The two other champions shuffled their feet nervously .

Dmitri Strogorff and Celeste Du Preez . They were older than the screeching girl , but they were afraid of all the tasks ahead .

" I am sorry ,Miss Cullen , we are not joking . The goblet was already cooled down when the flames appeared ."

" But , Professor Dumbledore sir ,this is ridiculous . I never put my name in . I ....I....you can ask everyone . I'm always in the company of others . Oooh , Daddy's going to have a fit . He told me not to get into trouble this year ."

" Miss Cullen , everyone here believe you . Professor Karkaroff said that maybe someone tried to prank you and the other children . It would not help us to go looking for them , as hard as it is for me to accept . "

The girl sighed deeply , rubbing her eyes . " So , there's no way I can get out of this ,then ?".

Dumbledore shook his head . " I am terribly sorry ,Miss Cullen , but you have a binding contract with the goblet until the last task . Now , all three of you may leave and the adults here will discuss this change of events . It seems the name of the tournament should be changed to something more appropriate with nine competitors ."

The three newly named champions shuffled out of the room ,their shoulders hanging .

" Zis is not fair! ," Celeste burst out once the door of the staff room closed behind them ," We 'ave not placed our names in ze cup ".

" Tell that to the cup ," Iridessa retorted , pulling a hand through her long caramel locks ," My parents are not going to be pleased with me . "

" Vel, ve vill have to endure it ," Dmitri Strogorff said ," ve are not alone . Ve have the other champions ."

" They won't help us !. They have a stake in this too . To win . That's all they will care about !."

" She speaks ze truth , Dmitri . We must be in it for ourselves ."

" Des!", Hermione's voice rang out through the hallway .

Iridessa groaned loudly . She knew that Hermione will be giving her a lecture for getting into trouble again .
🍄🍄🍄
" Ronald , her name was in the goblet !. How can you think that she wanted to be famous just like Harry ?. Are you daft or what ?!".

Iridessa sat down on a bench in the courtyard with Ron and Hermione , listening to them argue about her being a champion .

She would give anything to be somewhere else , but Hermione had it in her head that she needed to be watched.

Her behind had been hit with a temporary sticking charm . It was embarrassing to say the least .

" Ron , you can have my place if you want it . I don't want it ", she said .

" Shut up ," the two said in sync and all Iridessa could do was huff and give them her best stink eye . It made no difference ,though . They still ignored her and argued .

She sniffed, sticking her nose in the air and folding her arms across her chest .

Why can't they just argue about something else ?. Like maybe .... homework ,or .... peaches?.