C40 The Final Move From Forks

" Where are we going this time , Daddy?," Iridessa asked a week after Bella Swan's final and abrupt leave from their lives.

" Mystic Falls, Virginia. Your Uncle Sirius improved our bracelets to keep us from shining in the Sun. Why are you asking, Little Missy?"

Carlisle was already packing up his office. It was a shame to him that things have been unpacked only to be packed up again so soon again.

" Oh, just asking. Can't I go live with Uncle Sirius for awhile?" She ran her fingers over his desk absentmindedly, her eyes looking for non-existent dust.

Carlisle shook his head. "No. The UK isn't safe, Iridessa. You know that."

"But what if Harry needs me?"

Carlisle blinked at her words parroting,
" What if Harry needs you?"

" Yes , Dad. What if all of us, meaning the DA members are called to the front lines? What if we're supposed to fight? I can't let my friends fight alone, Dad."

Carlisle sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. " Well, they'll just have to. I'm.... we're only protecting you. Riddle wants you. Have you forgotten about that ?"

" No. I haven't."

" Good. We've learnt something important the other day. I'll tell you in the car."

" Aren't I going to ride with Edward?"

" No. Edward sold the Volvo. He'll be buying another car once we're settled down in our new house. You'll be attending Muggle school again. I might just buy you a car also."

" Dad...."

"Now don't give me that attitude. It's hard as it is that the others has to start school again after the Summer, having not even gotten to the graduation part. Alice and Edward aren't thrilled with things now, considering that graduation is only two months away. Now, don't you have things to pack?"

" I didn't unpack, Dad. I was going to rebel against coming back here, then Bella conveniently got snatched up by the Aurors."

Carlisle gave her a look of disapproval. " Iridessa...." She gave him such a sweet grin that he just couldn't find it in him to scold her any further.

" Once again I'm being wrapped around a little girl's fingers," he thought with a scowl forming on his lips as she waltzed right out of the room.
🧡♥️🧡
" So... what's so great about Mystic Falls?," Iridessa asked as she leaned back against the backrest of the backseat in her Dad's car.

" Well, it's a supernatural hub of sorts," Carlisle said," Sirius said there's a Wixen community living in it and of course some Wiccans. There used to be Vampires. Some were of our kind , others weren't. Nightwalkers were far numerous than our own kind in that town until a certain battle occured and they were all burnt alive at the old Fell's church. Today there's only an occasional few that actually passes through now and then. Nomads , I guess , of both kinds."

" Oh," Iridessa said.

" Yes, anyway, you'll get to see your kind."

" Nice, Dad. I just hope my kind are friendly. Hey, Dad. Was this the important thing what you meant you'll tell?"

" No. I learnt that you're half vampire after all, because your biological father was one. Sirius said that your mother being a Witch helped that you didn't grow as fast as you normally would've, were you an ordinary half human, half vampire."

Iridessa sat up straighter, her eyes wide with surprise. " I'm half a Vampire? But I never even drank blood, Daddy. "

" Your Wixen side are stronger, Iridessa," he explained," You were a miracle baby to your parents ,who thought that Vampires can't procreate. So our cover story about you being our biological child isn't so far fetched anymore. You are a miracle. The first half Wixen, half Vampire to be born. That's why the Killing Curse and whatever else couldn't kill you. Though, that just might be your ability."