C39 The Truth About Bella Swan

Iridessa stood quietly before the Volturi. She didn't know what they wanted from her.

They'd send Jane to bring her before them and yet, they didn't speak as they stared at her. It was creepy and she really didn't like it.

She began looking around the large throne room in her boredom and noted that bodies were being carried away, it made her shiver. At least there wasn't any children amongst the bodies. That would've just made the Volturi seem more evil than they are now.

A hand touched hers , startling her slightly and she took a step back, only to step into someone else.

She span around to look at who that is and found Marcus Volturi, the sad and silent King. She turned back to Aro , who turned out to have touched her hand. She was so glad her Occlumency shields held or she'd be in really deep trouble.

"Your gifts are remarkable. I take it that you removed Isabella's gift when you stood so close?," Aro , always the spokesman for the Volturi, said.

" I suppose so. Don't kill her Dad please . He knows nothing. And please not the Wolves. They only wish to protect their tribe from Cold Ones. They don't venture from Forks and La Push Reservation. They....they aren't allowed by their Alpha and Elders. So please don't_"

"Hush , Young One. We won't be doing anything to your Wolf friends. Marcus only wish to tell you something. And I would like to make a proposal." Aro's hand moved from hers to her face and hair. She didn't like it . It felt creepy.

" Your brother's singer ," Marcus spoke up from behind her," isn't his mate. There is a chance that when she turns , she might be, but I won't hold my breath if I were you and your family. There is no mate bond string attached between your brother and the girl. Only a normal love string and it is fading. Your brother is foolish to believe that Bella Swan is for him. Your family bond string are suffering because of his stupidity in involving himself with that human girl. Young Iridessa, you must speak to him, and get him to leave her , or she's going to bring a lot more trouble for your family."

" We also could use someone with your gifts," Aro spoke without letting Marcus's words sink in first," If you can withstand Jane, then there is a chance you can withstand others. You are also a Witch which is something our court needs. Think on it when you get home and decide. We'll be waiting for your reply."

Caius stepped from the side and held out a wrapped box. " Open it once you're on your way home. I hope only the best for you. Should you return, there is something we must discuss with you. Now go and be with your family, Sweetheart. And do remember that we all love you dearly."

Iridessa looked at him and without any thought to the consequences, moved to give him a kiss and a hug. He hugged her back , but did not return the mere peck she gave him.

Then she hugged the other two before letting Demetri and Adrian guide her out of there.

She only briefly looked back to see Caius and his brothers watching her walk away.
              💋💋💋
"Daddy!"

Carlisle smiled as his daughter ran towards him as he stood beside his car at the airport.

" Hello, Little Missy, missed me?"

She laughed happily as she threw her arms around him and planted a nice kiss on his cheek. " You and Mommy," she said ," and Rosalie and Alice. Everyone actually. I missed you all."

" That's good. Did the Volturi treat you well?"

She pulled away from him and nodded. " Of course. I even got a present from Caius. It's a locket with the Volturi crest on it. Inside there's pictures of the Kings and my favourite guard members."