C22 Year4 Part1

Iridessa hated this year .

That woman Umbridge was the cause of it all .

It was like she had it out for everyone who believed that Voldemort was back.

She also did terrible things and had an ambitious urge for power . Power over the school and the students and teachers .

She was the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher and she didn't actually teach them anything worthwhile .

They had a stupid textbook that was awfully boring and those that defended themselves against her had scars on their hands because of blood quills .

Writing to family wasn't safe anymore what with letters going in and out being censored.

She also was racist against people like Hagrid and the Centaurs . She believed them vile creatures that needed to be put down or something.

It was bad . The year felt extra longer than usual .

Iridessa kept her mouth shut most of the time and tried her best not to get into trouble because detention wasn't with the other teachers anymore , it was with that Dolores Umbridge bitch .

She'd tried to keep First year Gryffindors safe and helped them with their homework and taught them to be quiet and respectful around that woman .

Many didn't listen and she found herself playing nurse for them .

Ginny helped her as much as she could with the First years  , but she had other things to do while Iridessa dedicated her time mostly to watch over them .

Hermione Granger should've been the one as well as Ron Weasley . But they too had problems of their own .

Harry Potter got into trouble mostly because these days he was always angry and not even her soothing touch could change it .

He had an ugly scar edged into his skin made by a blood quill.

She cared for him as well , murtlap sap was good for wounds ,though it never took away the scars .

She went to Dumbledore about the fact that Umbridge was being a sadistic bitch towards the poor First years and some of the older years .

" I cannot do anything ,Miss Cullen ," he'd told her ," I am under as much scrutiny as everyone . If I take a wrong step , I might find myself in Azkaban. I am grateful for your help with the young ones. And I am sorry if I cannot help you ."

Those words were spoken with regret , but she didn't believe he regretted that he couldn't help her .

If she was him , she'd risk everything to help .

She complained about it to her favourite teacher , Professor Snape and he listened , though he himself couldn't do anything either . Though , the First year Gryffindors seemed to end up in less trouble with Umbridge or any other teacher and there was no more blood quill scars to care for .

September and October flew by quickly and then November came and the Golden Trio made a brilliant plan that pleased Iridessa very much .

They decided to make a club that taught Defence Against the Dark Arts and Harry Potter would be the teacher because everyone believed him the best one for the job.

She knew that she shouldn't have , but she told Snape that she and a few people are studying DADA in secret  . He never asked her anything about it and thankfully Hermione's jinx on telling anyone didn't work on her or she would've sported ugly sores and whatnot on her face .

She helped him clean up the classroom some days and he would ask her about classes .

This was something out of character for him to do and she never said anything to anyone else about it .