C41 Don't Get Into Trouble

The Mystic Grill looked like any old family restaurant. Small tables for two and booths were everywhere and there was a pool table and a dart board blending in greatly with the booths and tables.

Iridessa sat down in one booth with her family, hugging her big brother Emmet tightly not liking how some of the people just stared at them all from the moment they walked into the Grill.

A waitress came to take their food and drink orders before walking away and Iridessa was glad to not having her stair at them as much.

"Iridessa, sit up , darling," Esme said softly," Emmet would want to eat too. He won't be able to with you hugging him like that."

Iridessa groaned softly, but sat up and moved to her father's side. He wrapped an arm around her, his hand pulling gently through her hair.

She leaned into the touch, missing when she was little and he used to do that while he sat working on his computer and she clambered onto his lap freshly bathed and dressed in  her pajamas.

Esme sighed softly, but didn't comment because she still had everyone wrapped around her fingers. At least she wasn't hugging him. He'll be able to eat.

Then his phone rang and he had to excuse himself for a moment and Esme found herself holding their little girl.

He came back after a few minutes , though, but Iridessa didn't move away from her mother.

" That was Sirius. He wants Iridessa to visit him and Remus for a few weeks. They've warded Grimmauld Place further because Ministry officials are barging into homes that are not as well warded, taking Muggle-Born witches and wizards as well as some half bloods that are seen as blood traitors. They say some are given the Kiss while others are...are..." He shook his head. " It's simply horrible to even think about it all. Anyway, I've decided that maybe the children should visit Sirius while we unpack and everything. I'm supposed to start at the hospital here on Monday. Sirius will have send a portkey to us by then."

" Carlisle, isn't it too dangerous for Iridessa?," Esme asked in a low whisper.

" Not really. Unless she goes to Diagon Alley on her own without protection, she'll be perfectly safe with her uncle."

"Let  Iri go alone," Rosalie spoke," I've decided to check out Whitmore next week and see if I can get in next year. I am not doing the whole highschool thing again."

" You don't have to," Edward said," I'm going to pose as a senior in highschool anyway."

" Everything is going to work out just fine. Sirius gave me this books to read to help me develop my sight better. I can now see more," Alice stated proudly.

Jasper smiled softly at her, but didn't say anything.

" I'll go to Whitmore too,"Emmet spoke," I can try getting into football now that my body can't hurt anyone. Sirius did a great job with the bracelets."

" He did, didn't he? I love the designs," Alice chimed , a soft dreamy smile on her lips.

The waitress came back with their food and Iridessa was forced to let her mother eat while she herself ate.

"Oh, the food taste so good," Emmet gushed when he took up his double steak and cheese burger , biting into it.

Iridessa smiled. She was so happy that her family always ate with her. She cannot imagine them never eating with her. Though,when she was at Hogwarts, she ate without them.

" It's sort of your ability," Edward said,"Our bodies functions like yours also, so we don't have to regurgitate anything."

" Ew, Ed, I'm eating here!," Emmet protested.