C42 War's End And Weddings And Happily Ever After

War never changes.
People always die in battle.

For a moment there, Iridessa thought that her boyfriend died. But he didn't. He survived the Killing Curse one last time and she was there to witness it because Voldemort had captured her.

She had watched as Narcissa Malfoy checked his pulse and she heard as Narcissa confirmed that Harry Potter was dead.

The news almost destroyed the Cullen girl. 

But then later on Harry Potter rose again,as if he didn't just die. As if he never breathed his last.

Sitting there in the Great Hall after the defeat of another villainous Dark Lord, she pondered on everything that had happened during the battle and now after with so many dead people laying on the floor. One of them was someone she knew. Ginny Weasley, the girl who'd been her friend one day and then her enemy the next.

It broke Iridessa's heart to think that the only Weasley girl was gone. Killed off by a spell that  acted like a bullet to the head.

There was nothing anyone could do to save the poor girl. Not even Jasper's venom.

She was dead. End of story. Which was awfully.

A hand grazed hers and she looked to her side where Harry Potter sat looking at all the pain that was part of war.

" Are you going to be alright?," she asked him.

He shook his head. " I'm tired of fighting. I want to leave this place and never co__Hey, is that your brother kissing Luna? I thought Neville likes her."

Iridessa smiled and looked to where Edward was holding onto the blonde dreamy girl that had been her friend for a very long time.

" Neville loves Hannah Abbott. Luna Lovegood is just a friend. Luna's Edward's mate."

Harry turned to her. " And you're my one and only love." He stood and pulled her up. " Let's get out of here."

They walked out of the great hall and to the half destroyed bridge which lead to the school grounds.

" I missed you," he said," During all those months of being apart from you. I love you so much, Dessie. I don't ever want to be apart from you ever again." He pulled her close to him, his lips finding hers immediately.

For a moment they just kissed and held each other before they were called back to reality when Hermione and Ron called out to them.

They broke the kiss, but kept holding onto each other.

" We're going to go back to Grimmauld Place and sleep. People are leaving," Hermione said, a soft, but tired smile on her lips. " The bodies are being removed. It'll take months for Hogwarts to be repaired. Many of us won't return to these halls."

" I won't. I finished school through by using a tutor and everything. You should try it. You'll have more freedom to do as you please."

" We'll think about it. Um...Sirius was looking for you. Could you go to him? We'd like to talk to Harry alone for a moment," Hermione said.

Iridessa smiled and nodded before giving Harry a quick kiss. " See you later , Harry. Love you."

He smiled. " Love you too, Dessie."

It took Iridessa no time at all to find her uncle and he looked furious.
" I thought I told you to stay home," was his first words," Your mum's going to rip my head off if she hears that you fought in a battle."

" I had to help, Uncle Sirius. Mommy will understand."

" No she won't," Jasper piped up from where he sat beside Vega. " Edward and I are dead. She'll bury us and nobody will ever find us."

" Don't be so dramatic, Jazzy. Mommy knows that I get in trouble all the time. I'll tell her that I gave you guys the slip when you tried to stop me. Besides, in this world, I'm an adult. She can't get angry because of that."

" Yeah, but in the Muggle world, you're a minor. She can and will get angry. We'll never live it down. She'll remind us everyday about how irresponsible we were."

Iridessa waved her hand indifferently at her brother. Esme wasn't that bad. She just wanted to protect her children. Especially her youngest. Iridessa understood that, but she felt trapped sometimes, which caused her to do some things like running into this battle without thinking it through.

" Here comes Edward and Luna. Never thought he'd be in love with her," Vega spoke up.

"She's lovely," Iridessa said," There's nothing wrong with her." She gave Vega a look that dared him to say otherwise. He held up his hands in defence.

She walked over to the two and hugged them both. " So this is your moon?"

Edward smiled and nodded. " Yes. And we're getting married as soon as she's finished with school."

Iridessa squealed and hugged them again.

A wedding would be great to help her forget about the moment she almost lost her Harry.
             💕💋💕
The funerals of those who had perished took a few weeks to complete. Each day had more than a dozen and people went from one to another only staying long enough for the burial.
It was hard for everyone. Iridessa has lost so many friends.
She hated it that she couldn't save anyone.

Then it was time to go home and Harry went with her , Luna , Edward and Jasper.

Luna decided to do her schooling like Iridessa had. She could even do it while she was married to Edward.

Alice was so happy with her task of having to plan the perfect wedding for Edward and Luna.

Iridessa couldn't help but giggle everytime  her sister became lyrical about everything she planned.

Luna didn't mind that Alice were planning the wedding. She spent most of her time with Edward, reading and dancing and such.

Iridessa spent her time with Harry mostly and wasn't surprised when he asked her to marry him a week before Edward and Luna's wedding day.

He wanted their special day another time , but he figured it was best to ask now  while he had the courage to do so as well as the other men in Iridessa's life's approval.

She said yes without a doubt, happy that she would spend a long time with him because he is immortal, just not a Vampire.

Alice was absolutely thrilled when she learnt that she might get the chance to plan another wedding soon.

Then Edward and Luna's special day came and Iridessa was so happy for them.

Her heart felt so full of happiness she thought that she would float away like a balloon.

Luna looked so very beautiful and Iridessa couldn't imagine anyone else as Edward's mate.

In the end , she was glad that it wasn't Bella Swan. Luna fit him better than anyone ever could.

It was a year before it was her and Harry's turn.

She was nervous, but seeing him waiting for her at the end of the aisle was calming and she was happy once they said their vows.

It meant that now they could start being truly happy. That Harry Potter could truly be happy.

Like he said in the speech: " Let's start with our Happy-Ever-After."

And they did.
And she was happy forever after.
          💕💋💕
End.