A Request Has Been Made For You

"Ms. Avildsen my office please." My boss called for me from her office door in a stern tone. She was a middle aged woman with light brown hair and glasses. She wore a black business suit.

"You better hurry Isabelle. She's been in a mood today." My co-worker Mandy spoke. She sat in the cubicle next to me.

I let out a low sigh. "This should be good."

It wasn't very often Mrs. Puckett called one of us into her office privately. I had been here for a few years and knew if she wanted you one on one it meant two things. You did something wrong that a client complained about or you did something wrong that she herself didn't like. Either way it usually left with someone crying.

I got up from my seat and headed for the office door. I pulled it open and stepped inside. I could feel myself getting nervous. I really didn't know what this was about. Every client I had worked for had given great feedback. This had to be something that she didn't like.

"Have a seat." Mrs. Puckett motioned to the chair in front of her.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, I wanted to just get to the point and get this over with.

"Nothing is wrong." She pulled a folder out of her desk drawer. "A request has been made for you specifically."

"Me?" I was slightly confused.

After my falling out with Sterling about four years ago, well if you could even call it that, I left Nashville. I asked Mrs. Strahm to place me into the program out of state in California where those of us at the orphanage could learn some skills to get jobs. I had picked the program to learn how to be an assistant. I had finished up the program awhile ago but due to lack of experience I was just a temporary assistant.

I was sent out when an assistant would be gone for a period of time and a company needed them covered. When I wasn't out doing that we were here in the office doing whatever Mrs. Puckett had asked of us. It wasn't the most exciting thing in the world but it paid the bills. Eventually it would also lead to getting an actual assistant job.

"Yes you." She spoke as if even she was surprised by the request. "I tried to offer one of the more tenure people but the man wouldn't allow it."

"Who is it for?" I questioned.

"I'm under strict orders to keep it confidential until you agree to the contract that was sent over." Mrs. Puckett sighed as she opened up the folder. She took out a few papers and slid them over to me.

I looked over all of the information on the paper. The salary was the first thing listed. My eyes grew wide at the number. It was about three times more than what I currently was making. "Are they sure about the amount?" I asked as my eyes read over the paper.

"I asked that too. He was very very sure of this amount." Her tone was serious. "I'll be honest, Ms. Avildsen. It would be stupid not to take such an offer."

"Where is it?" The company information was not listed. Whoever this was definitely wanted to remain anonymous for right now.

"Nashville." Mrs. Puckett answered.

My stomach dropped. When I left I had no intention of ever going back. Was this really worth returning to where my heart had been broken? Was it worth running into Sterling? My heart wanted to fight this, but Mrs. Puckett was right. It would be stupid to pass it up. Nashville wasn't small, just because his father was well known didn't mean I'd be running into him.

After reading the contract I signed my signature. I was then directed to get my things and get on the next flight. It seemed this was a time sensitive matter. I did as I was told and packed as much as I could. The contract made it clear that someone would be sent for the rest of my belongings.

I had gotten to the airport with the ticket I had been given. I got onto the plane and headed right for Nashville. During the flight I could feel myself begin to get anxious. I was going to be back in Nashville for over the next year per the contract. A lot can happen in that time frame.

The plane touched down and there was a car waiting for me. The driver was tall and muscular. He had a serious look to his face which was a little intimidating. He was nice enough though to help load my things into the car. He then drove me to the orphanage.

I called Mrs. Strahm right away to see if there was any spare room for me there. I had no family in Nashville. The only one I had really known before was Sterling but that bridge had burned. She agreed to let me stay and she seemed very excited by it. Things had changed a little bit though. Mrs. Strahm was still the director but Emily had now taken the lead over things.

After I arrived I spent a few hours catching up with Mrs. Strahm on things that had happened over the years. Then it was time for me to get some sleep as I started my new job tomorrow. It was hard though. I was a mix of excitement and nerves.

When my alarm went off I got changed into a lilac colored button up blouse and a high waisted skirt that stopped above my knees. I put my brown hair into a ponytail and put on some eyeliner and mascara. I put on my heels and met the driver from yesterday outside, he had apparently been arranged by my new boss.

He knew exactly where we were going. I looked out of the window to see what changes I could spot. It had been years so some shops had been replaced by ones that I didn't recognize. Everything else had stayed pretty much the same since I left four years ago when I turned seventeen.

The car stopped at our destination and I got out. I looked upon the massive building which made my stomach drop and made me feel sick. Tipton Enterprises. I have been here only a handful of times.

I walked inside and reached the receptionist's desk and gave her my name. She checked something on her computer. "Please go to the thirty-second floor." She smiled.

I headed for the elevator. I was becoming an anxious mess. What were the odds of this? I took a deep breath and let it out as the doors opened. There was a red headed woman standing by who smiled when she saw me. "Hello, I'm Stacey. Follow me please."

I followed behind her and she walked me into Mr. Tipton's office. He had aged nicely since the last time I saw him and his wife. He had a little grey in his hair but it only complimented his features. He gave a slight smile when I was brought in, which caused the other person in the room to turn and look at me. My heart dropped as those familiar blue eyes met mine.

Mr. Tipton cleared his throat and then began to speak. "Sterling, this is your new assistant. I believe the two of you already know each other."