You Know How That Girl Can React

Isabelle

I finished the work I had been given before Sterling left with Damon. They had yet to return and I was stuck here with nothing to do. So, I decided that I should try to occupy my time and try to maybe improve our situation.

I picked up the phone and dialed Alexandra's number. I wanted to check in on her anyway, especially with the state she was in last night when I helped her home. No doubt she's probably hungover and on top of that she most likely had to deal with her bitch of a boss.

The phone rang a few times before she answered. "Hello?" Alexandra's voice came over the phone.

"Hey." I kept my tone polite and friendly. "It's Isabelle, I just wanted to check in and see how you were."

"Oh, hey." I could hear voice slightly relax. "Hey, I'm doing pretty well. Sorry, I kind of got carried away last night. I don't remember all of it to be honest."

"What was the last thing you remember?" I was curious to see just how much she remembered telling me.

"I just remember complaining about our bosses honestly." She slightly chuckled. "Then I woke up at home and in my bed, I was wondering how I got there but I was afraid to ask."

"I took you home." I informed her, that way she knew nothing had happened to her while she was blacked out. "I helped get you inside and you insisted that you had it from there."

"Thank you, so much." Her sincerity came over the phone. "I really did have a good time, my body hated me this morning but other than that it was nice to get out and not have to worry about stupid little tasks."

"Good. I had a good time as well." I responded. "I was kind of wondering if we could get together again soon."

"I would like that." Alexandra's tone seemed to hold a little excitement but then it faded. "I'm a little swamped over the next couple weeks but if I can find a day I'll give you a call."

"Sounds good." I didn't want her to feel pressured, she already gets enough of that from Elise. "Feel free to reach out to me whenever."

"Of course." She paused for a moment. "Hey, I have to go. I've been summoned. I'll talk with you later."

"Okay." She disconnected the call and I hung up the phone.

It may not be going as quickly as I would like, but progress is still being made. Alexandra's a lot more willing to go out with me which is still something. The more comfortable she gets the easier it will be to get information that we could really use.

I looked at the clock and realized it's now five in the evening. Sterling left around one in the afternoon with his father and has yet to return. I took my phone out to send him a text asking for any update.

I waited patiently for about five minutes for a response. When the time was up I still had received nothing. I let out a sigh as I collected my things from my desk. Whatever he's dealing with has to be of a great deal of importance.

Out of the corner of my eye I caught Killian at his desk. It appeared that he was getting ready to leave himself. I hurried over to him in hopes that maybe he'll give me a ride over to the apartment.

"Hey Izzy." Killian smiled as I approached him. "What are you still doing here? I figured if the big guys weren't here you'd be home by now."

"Well, I don't think he expected to be gone this long." I answer. "I was hoping that maybe you could give me a ride home. I don't want to wait here much longer and if I walk I'm sure I'll get reprimanded for it."

Killian chuckled. "And I'd probably get my ass kicked for letting you walk home."

"So is that a yes then?" I raised a brow.

"Of course." Killian nodded. "Let's get going."

I followed him to the elevator. The doors closed with us both inside and it made it's descent to the parking garage. Once the doors opened Killian led the way to his car.

I slipped into the passenger seat and placed my bag at my feet. I let him get out of the parking garage before I attempted to make conversation with him.

"So I heard about the little run in with Scarlett while the Tipton's were away." I decided to see if he was the only one oblivious to Scarlett's little crush on him.

"Yeah. That was interesting." He responded.

"You are aware of the crush she has on you right?" Either he was going to be surprised by my words or this wasn't going to be new information. Judging by his facial expression, it was the latter.

"Yeah, I'm aware." He sighed. "I've been aware of it for the last two years since the girl stopped playing with her Barbie dolls."

"Really?" I was a little surprised he had known for so long.

"She doesn't exactly hide it." He glanced at me for a moment and then back to the road. "However, I choose to pretend like I don't know about it."

"Why?" I questioned further.

He stopped at a light and looked in my direction again. "You've been around Scarlett Tipton for a long time yourself, she was just smaller. You know how that girl can react when she gets told no."

"I see your point." I nodded.

Scarlett definitely didn't like the word no. The only people to ever get away with it are her family members, specifically her parents. Sterling's gotten away with it as well but it always caused some disagreement between the two of them.

If anyone else told her no though, she pretended like she didn't hear it and it had the opposite effect. I've seen it motivate her to try even harder for the things she wanted, which in this case would be Killian.

"Besides, she's still young." He added. "She probably only has a crush on me because I'm one of the only boys she's been allowed around that's not a family member. I'm sure she's going to grow out of it, so for now I'll keep pretending like I have no idea."

"Understandable." I thought for a moment before asking my next question carefully. He had made valid points but I think in this case it might be good for him to prepare himself for a confrontation with her later on. "What are you going to do if she doesn't?"

"I'm not interested in her, she's my best friend's sister. That would be like committing treason against the Tipton family." He focused back on the road as the light had turned green. "I don't know about you, but a torturous death by both Damon and Sterling doesn't exactly sound like a good time to me."