Added Condition

Sterling

I continued to go through the reports in front of me. These ones weren't your typical reports, they had absolutely nothing to do with the company. These were my own personal reports, the ones for the people I was keeping my eye on.

The first one I went over is the least complicated, Isabelle's egg donor. She doesn't deserve the title as her mother, all she did was bring her into this world. She had the opportunity to act like a mother and she chose to be a heartless bitch, so she'll never get another one.

From the report, it does seem her mind is fairly normal with a few notes here and there. Not that it matters, she won't be leaving that place ever. From the sounds of it that finally clicked in her mind and she stopped fighting the people I put in charge of her.

On to the next report, the Tunts. I've been checking in on them here and there but put one of my guards in charge of them the last few days. I really didn't want to have to even think about them while I spent my weekend with Isabelle.

For the most part they've been behaving since they were exiled from the United States. There've been a few incidents where my guards have had to step in and remind them of the reason they left. That's only been for little things and when I've been made aware of comments they've made towards my family.

I have no intention of cutting back on watching over them any time soon. I'm not stupid, I know they're still pissed we made them lose everything they had. About the time I cut back would be the time they get courageous and try something, so I just won't give them any opportunity to do so.

The phone on my desk rang, bringing my attention away from my computer. I picked up as I already knew it was Eve. "What is it?"

"Mr. Rivers is here to see you." She referred to Killian by his last name, which was still weird to me because I've never once referred to him by his last name since we both started here.

"Send him in." I instructed before hanging up the phone.

Moments later Killian entered the room, looking back at my assistant for a moment right before the door closed. He then turned his attention to me as he took a seat in front of me.

"So, she really isn't into dudes." He exhaled a low breath.

I raised a brow at him. "How long did you spend out there trying to hit on my assistant before you gave up? I asked for you about ten minutes ago."

He thought for a minute, then he proceeded to answer me. "For about those ten minutes you were waiting. In my defense I felt like it was fair, you come over and flirt with my assistant all the time."

"The difference is your assistant is interested in me." I informed him, though he didn't need me to tell him that. "My assistant might be interested in you if you had a pussy."

A smirk crossed his lips. "Well, they say you are what you eat right?"

"Killian." I brushed a hand over my face. "I'm not here to encourage you to go after a girl who isn't even attracted to you in the slightest. I know this is new territory for you, but you can thank my father for this one. Can we get to the reason why I called you in here in the first place?"

"Of course." He nodded as the smirk from his lips faded and his expression became serious and professional. "What did you want to see me for?"

"My father informed me this morning that he will no longer be traveling at all, until Samuel is born." I told Killian. "Not even the short little trips, he wants to stay here and remain by my mother's side since there's not much time left in her pregnancy."

"Understandable." He nodded.

"We already knew this was coming, he's been doing it slowly over the last few months." Killian and I had gone on a few trips now. "But now he really needs us to step things up I guess, says this is our chance to prove ourselves."

The end game for Tipton Enterprises is that I'll take over my father's role of President and CEO once he decides to retire. Then Killian would move into the Vice President role as he's been a fantastic manager and extremely loyal to us, which my father feels like deserves a reward.

"I'm ready for it." I could see a glimpse of determination in Killian's eyes.

This is more than just he and I working together, this is a way for him to prove a point to his own father. Considering his father stated Killian would be a nobody here, the Vice President seat would be a sweet victory for him.

"He's wanting us to leave on Wednesday." I proceeded to give Killian more details. "There's a client he wants us to meet with. Now I wanted to tell you about my added condition to this little trip."

Curiously, he raised a brow. "And what's that exactly?"

"Isabelle will be staying in the penthouse with me." She's his assistant so she was going to have to come, which in my opinion is a win for me. "She'll perform her normal duties for you, but after each meeting I would like you to keep anything you need from her minimal, that way I can enjoy some time away with her."

"Of course." Killian nodded. "Besides, I don't see myself getting any chicks with her hanging around anyway."

"Killian, business first." I reminded him, this isn't a trip for him to just go off and fuck someone in a different state.

He leaned in as a smirk crossed his lips again. "I think that goes for both of us Sterling, business first."