She Deserved Better From Me

Sterling

"Here Mr. Tipton." Isabelle spoke through gritted teeth as she slammed the papers down onto my desk.

She clearly was in a bad mood today. I knew I only had myself to blame for it. I got cocky yesterday and let my desires take over my actions. I didn't necessarily regret what happened, I just regretted how it had happened.

I let her leave the room after both sexual encounters without really saying anything. I was just at a loss for words each time. Things just kept escalating so quickly that by the time I could think again she had already left the room. It was unacceptable and I had no excuse.

I didn't intend for things to go like this with her. This isn't who I am. I was raised better than to treat a woman the way I had been treating her. She didn't deserve any of this. If anything she deserved the whole goddamn world.

She quickly walked out of the room and shut the door behind her. This is how our day has been. She only interacted with me when she had to. I couldn't blame her for this, I wouldn't want to talk to me either.

I let out a low sigh to myself. I had fully intended to talk to her today. I wanted her to see me for more than the man I had been in the office the past few days. While there was a part of me that was dominant and felt the need to get what I wanted, that's not who I was.

To be honest I wasn't completely sure who I was anymore. I felt like a broken down man. It sounds ridiculous when I think about it. I'm Damon Tipton's son, I should be just as strong as he is. I should be able to handle my situations just as easily as he could.

My mind was a complete and utter mess. Elise had really learned to fuck with my head. She was too damn good at being manipulative. I know I should just call it quits but I was trying to figure out the best way to do it. The last thing I needed was for Elise to get vindictive and go after Isabelle.

I wanted to protect Isabelle from her. When someone pissed Elise off she would stop at nothing to ruin them. I watched her do it to one of her best friends over a small misunderstanding. If she could be cruel to someone who had been so close to her I could only imagine what she might do to Isabelle.

I rubbed my forehead with my hand and then leaned back in my chair with my eyes closed. Life had seriously gotten complicated and I was only making it worse. I kept Elise on the side while I figured this out but I couldn't hold myself back. In the end I was only fucking things up with Isabelle by essentially making her my mistress.

I sat up in the chair. I couldn't let her think I was just using her. We need to sit down and have an actual conversation about this. I needed her to know I still loved and cared about her, that I was sorry for my actions over the past few days. She deserved better from me.

I picked up the phone on my desk and dialed in the numbers to connect me with her. I waited patiently for her to pick up. It didn't take long thankfully.

"What is it Mr. Tipton?" She asked in a displeased tone.

"I need you to come into my office please." I instructed. "There's something I need you to do."
"Be right there." She hung up the phone.

I watched the door as I patiently waited for her to come inside. About a minute passed before she entered the room. She approached my desk and I could see for a brief moment she was slightly nervous. She of course hid it as quickly as it appeared.

"What's this about?" She asked with a slight annoyance in her voice.

"Have a seat." I motioned to the chair in front of me.

The reluctance was clear on her face. "I'll stand thank you."

I let out a low sigh as I stood up from my chair. "We need to talk Isabelle. About what's been going on the past few days."

"If it's grounds enough for me to be fired then please go kindly report it to your father." She responded coldly.

"No." I shook my head. "This is between you and I Isabelle, I fully intend to keep it that way too."

I took a step closer and noticed she moved back. She wanted to keep the distance between us. I didn't try to close the gap as I wanted to respect her wishes. It would also help me keep control of myself.

"We need to talk about it Izzy." My voice was low and soft as I spoke. "We need to talk about a lot of things."

I wanted to settle more than just what had happened a few days ago. I wanted to settle the issues that had come between us. I wanted her to know why I had been gone that summer. I just wanted us to be on good terms with each other again. I missed her so fucking much.

"Like the way you've made me your own personal whore?" Her words were practically laced with venom.

"That's not it." I responded. "Izzy-"

"It's Isabelle to you." Her tone was stern as she corrected me.

"Isabelle, I didn't mean for it to happen like that. Let me explain it all to you, please." I pleaded with her.

"No." She glared at me. "What is there to explain? You've done more than enough Sterling! I'm not someone you can just play with! I'm a human being with feelings!"

"I know. I'm sorry." My tone was sincere as I gave her a pleading expression.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I agreed to this fucking job. Now I'm stuck in this shitty situation." She turned and headed for the door of the office.

I walked behind her and grabbed her wrist to keep her from leaving. I used my grip to spin her around. The anger was clear in her eyes as she faced me. Before any words could come out I took a hard slap to the face.

"I deserve that." I admitted. To be honest she should've done it yesterday. "I just want to make things right Isabelle."

"If you want to make things right then break up with your girlfriend before you lay another fucking hand on me." She spoke through gritted teeth. "Until then I expect things to be kept professional, I'm not your personal fuck toy!"

She left the office before I had the chance to respond. It killed me that I made her feel that way. I had to seriously redeem myself because right now I didn't deserve her.

The first step was ending things with Elise. Tomorrow I'll take her out to dinner. Then when I end things she would have to remain calm and accept it. She values her public appearance so the odds were she wouldn't cause a scene. At least I hoped she wouldn't.