A Matter Of Time

Sterling

Now that the bakery has been handed over to Isabelle, I can focus my attention on a few other matters. One of them happens to be the Tunts. With the fact my father wants to promote me, I need to check in and make sure they aren't up to anything.

I pulled the car into the parking spot and got out. I headed into the warehouse, the place that seems to be where most of our secret business goes down. It's secluded and only the people who work for us that we allow clearance knows about it.

"Mr. Tipton, everything is ready for you." Ronnie announced as I approached the room where the guard I put in the charge of the Tunts sat.

"Thank you." I responded before I opened the door and stepped inside with Ronnie following behind me.

The guard that was sitting at the table stood up and gave me his full attention. His eyes remained forward until I was fully inside of the room. He took a seat once I was in front of him, then I sat down and laced my fingers together as I placed my hands on the table.

"What do you have for me?" I asked, keeping my tone flat and professional.

"Nothing concerning." He responded and opened the file in front of him. "The Tunt family has still been on high alert. They've barely left their house and every time they do, they're constantly looking over their shoulders."

"Good."

I want them to live in fear. I want Elise to feel like she's living through hell because that's exactly how she made me feel when she was still here. I want the Tunts to never forget the punishments that I inflicted onto them.

There's just something satisfying at the thought of knowing I take up space in their minds. And not the weak Sterling they had gotten used to, the me that scared the shit out of them.

"I need you and the rest to be on high alert." I informed him. "My father has some big plans that the media has yet to get wind of. Once they do, there's no telling what the Tunts may do."

As my father pointed out, they may try to use this opportunity to try to gain leverage over us. I wouldn't put it past them, they're still probably just as desperate as ever. However, if they try anything I'm fully prepared to spill blood this time.

"Yes sir." The guard nodded.

He slid the file over and I began to sift through the pictures. There was nothing too incriminating here. Just photos of them going out and even some inside their home. These guards have been fantastic at keeping an eye on them and catching all the little details.

My stomach lurched as I came to a picture in the pile of Elise with Jude. While they're not blood, it's still vile that they would continue such a relationship. It's absolutely fucking sickening and makes me regret that much more that I ever allowed myself to lay a finger on her.

I closed the file and passed it back over, looking the guard in the eyes. "We've been aware of the sick and twisted relationship in that household. Do you really find it necessary to bring me photos of it?"

"Sorry sir." He apologized as he grabbed the file. "You said that you wanted to know everything that was going on, we were just delivering what was asked.

I leaned forward, looking him in the eyes. "Let me ask you something."

His throat bobbed as he gulped, clearly he was nervous about what the next words would be out of my mouth.

"Would you care to see an ex who also happens to be a worst enemy in photos that make it obvious she's still fucking someone else?" My voice darkened. "Not just someone else, but the person who was supposed to be nothing more than a brother."

"I guess not." His voice shook.

To be clear, while the relationship is disgusting it's the least of my concerns. Seeing that photo is a reminder of how much of a fool she played me as. She cheated on me the entire time and made me completely lose myself, it makes me want to get even all over again.

But I can't. I need to remain in control.

"Don't bring me anything like this again." My order was firm, making it clear for a final time that I only want updates that matter. "I only care about their whereabouts and anything that seems off. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes sir." He nodded.

I got up from my seat, ready to end this exchange. "Is there anything else that needs to be brought to my attention?"

"No." He shook his head.

"Good." I responded as I turned around and headed for the door. "I'll be in touch. You know the drill, keep me updated if they give off any red flags."

"Yes sir."

Ronnie followed me out of the room as I made my way to the warehouse doors. I stepped outside and headed for my car. When I reached it, I stopped and turned to face Ronnie.

"Make sure he returns quickly." I ordered. "The last thing I need is for less eyes on those sick fucks."

"You got it." Ronnie nodded. "Anything else?"

"Not at this time." I turned back to my car, opening the door and getting inside. "Just make sure he checks in the moment he's back. You and I will meet up in a little bit."

I closed the car door and started up the Lamborghini. I put it into drive and sped away from the warehouse. My eyes focus on the road as I drive my way back into town.

As I do, the meeting plays over in my mind. I can feel a storm of rage and irritation brewing inside of me. These feelings have yet to go away, I've just been suppressing them but now that the Tunts are part of my focus they're surfacing again.

My grip on my steering wheel tightened as I continued my drive. I know that the feelings inside of me are going to end up needing to be released. Harboring them is not going to be good for me, especially since I'll be watching over the Tunts for what feels like an eternity.

Unless, I figure out a way to get rid of them once and for all where everyone wins.

I know it's just a matter of time before one of them may attempt something. It could be tomorrow, it could be months from now, or it could even be years from now. But one day, someone in that family will grow a pair of balls to try to take us on.

And when they do, I'll be ready just like the time. Until then, I'll keep my focus on Mr. King and I'll use him as practice if necessary.