A F*cking Land Mine

Sterling

Killian sat down in front of me in my office. He placed a file on the desk and opened it open. He sifted through the papers for a moment, appearing to put them in order. He then slid the stack over to me.

"It's just like you thought." Killian spoke as I picked the papers up. "Elise's family has been cut off from Wilson Tunt's money for years now."

I had the bank account of the Tunt's looked at. The more I dug the more I realized their money had not been coming from their family fortune. I thought maybe her father was just doing that well in his business, but the more I dug the more I couldn't find any credible sources of his work, which raised a red flag for me.

"Why'd he cut them off?" I raised a brow as I looked up at him for a moment. "I'm hoping there's a good reason behind it."

"There is." Killian exhaled a low breath. "If you look on the second page, Elise's father has been making his money from deals with the cartels. Using the name and his company, he's been able to get drugs from border to border with no questions asked. From what I understand, when Wilson Tunt found out he gave them the ultimatum of leaving the cartels behind or they were cut off, they clearly chose money."

"Why?"

What was the benefit of allowing yourself to be cut off from your family fortune? In wealthy families this is a serious thing. So serious that even my grandfather tried avoiding cutting his own daughter off for as long as possible, then she and Justin pushed too far and it had to be done. The fact Justin even got back into the family is amazing, that usually doesn't happen in these situations.

"The cartels were making them more money at the time from the records." Killian explained. "So they were cut off and clearly it was going well for a while, until things began slowing down. If you look, they've been steadily losing money as the cartels have found cheaper ways to get things transported."

"So why does this involve me getting married to Elise?" I continued looking over the records in front of me.

"I have two theories." Killian responded. "Well, I guess the two go hand in hand and make it one big theory."

I set the papers down. "Enlighten me then."

"Well, we know there was an arranged marriage set so I'm thinking that maybe if Elise marries you they think that'll be their ticket back into the family fortune dear grandpa cut them off from, let's face it the Tunt's like to flaunt their lavish lifestyle and giving that up because they're going broke would make them laughing stalks."

I nodded my head. "That does make sense."

"But I'm not done yet." Killian leaned in closer. "From what I gathered the DEA figured out something wasn't right a few years ago. They started looking into them and with some information I managed to get, they're about to bust the case wide open. So my other thought is that they know how quick your dad can make something go away, maybe they figured that if Elise was in with you that they could have his help on getting the DEA off their backs."

"Sounds about right." I brushed a hand over my face. "It's a cunning plan, I'll give them that. Unfortunately for them Elise is a bitch and fucked it all up for them, which is probably why it's so important she tries to fix it all."

"I've got information about the adoption as well." Killian informed me. "That is if you're ready to move on from this topic."

"Go ahead." I gave him a nod.

"Elise was adopted because Wilson Tunt wanted a granddaughter, however when Elise's mother had her brother there was an emergency and she had to have a hysterectomy which meant she couldn't have another baby if she wanted to." He took a breath before continuing with the information. "So they faked a pregnancy to try to fool Wilson, eventually he figured it out and that's when tension in the family really started."

"And does Elise know about this?" I was genuinely curious to know.

"Yes." Killian's face contorted with disgust. "I was about to get to that but there's more that you should maybe brace yourself for."

"Out with it." I'm too impatient to sit by and wait.

"Elise has known about being adopted for a while, I'm guessing." He paused for a moment, looking as if he were going to throw up. "If she didn't that would make the fact she's been fucking her brother even more twisted."

"What?" I could feel my stomach twist. "She's been fucking her brother? Well, adopted brother."

"Yeah." Killian nodded. "Managed to get some surveillance of them getting hot and heavy. It doesn't matter that she's adopted, we both know the media would have a fucking field day with something like this."

He's not wrong. This would be twisted into being a gold mine for the tabloids, which is another thing the Tunts didn't need right now with her father wanting to run for office.

"How long do you think this has been going on?" I looked at the pictures Killian had compiled, there was no denying what was in front of me.

"My guess is since before you two even got together." Killian answered. "And probably during your time as well."

"Fucking whore." I muttered under my breath.

I knew she had some infidelity, but this was still so sick to me. It doesn't matter that there's no blood shared between them, she grew up with him as a brother. It's still just as fucking disgusting in my opinion.

"Sorry." Killian spoke lowly. "I knew I was going to find some shit but I didn't expect to land a fucking land mine."

"No." I shook my head. "This is great. This is everything I need to get them to leave me alone once and for all."

The Tunts were now at my mercy. I had all the information that could ruin them in the public eye and lock them up.

"How'd you get this?" I furrowed my brows, my father was having trouble so I wanted to know what had gotten Killian access.

Killian smirked. "If you must know, I did what I do best. I used some alcohol and my dick, a couple times actually."

"I see." I nodded as I wasn't about to ask any further, the last thing I wanted was details of his latest escapade.

Now, it came time to start putting the next part of my plan in place.

**Author's Note**

Now, we know what the Tunts have been hiding... what are your thoughts? How do we think Sterling will use this against them?

Sidenote, this is the last update for this week. If you've read The Luna To The Enemy you know that book is just about completed so I will be focused on that the next few days so that it has a proper ending that isn't rushed. Thank you for understanding, see you guys next week!