We've Got You

Isabelle

I looked around the building, it had been a month since I gave my final list of changes to Sterling. The contractors had spent the last few weeks working hard to get all of the changes finished. Now, all I had to do was set everything up and prepare the bakery for the opening that would be happening this weekend.

"Thanks for the help Noami." I smiled at her as she placed a box down on one of the tables. "You really don't have to stick around if you need to get going."

"I don't mind. I don't have to be at the bar until later so I've got time." She responded as she walked over to me while looking the place over. "This place is really coming together Izzy."

"It sure is." I smiled to myself.

Noami followed behind me as I walked to the kitchen where the few staff members Sterling and I had hired for help were cleaning the new appliances Sterling insisted on putting in. There were only four of them in total that I hired to help me take things on. Any more felt unnecessary, at least until I know how the outlook for the bakery is looking.

"So this weekend is when it all goes down huh?" Noami's voice pulled my attention back to her.

"Yeah." I exhaled a low breath and turned around, heading out of the kitchen and back to the front of the bakery.

Just as I exited the kitchen doors a familiar face entered the bakery. A smile quickly curled at Kaydence's lips as the door closed behind her. She took a quick look around and then her eyes landed on me.

"I hope you don't mind Isabelle, I thought I'd stop by." She spoke as she took a few steps toward me.

"I don't mind at all." I responded, making it clear her presence is more than welcomed here. "What do you think?"

I knew Kaydence had been in my shoes before, so I felt that hearing her input would be beneficial. She might have a suggestion that I didn't think of or she may be able to bring my attention to something that had been overlooked.

"It looks great." She complimented as she looked over the space again. "I love what you've done with the place Isabelle. I think the rest of Nashville is going to love it as well, especially those that have missed a bakery being right here."

"Good." I exhaled a low breath without realizing it.

"Isabelle." Kaydence's brow rose as she took a step closer to me. "How are you feeling about the opening?"

I gulped and glanced over at Noami. "Can you give us a moment?"

"Of course." Noami nodded. "I need to head out anyway, just text me if you need anything at all."

"I will."

Noami exited the bakery and I turned my attention back to Kaydence. She was still carefully watching me. She must have picked up on the bundle of nerves inside of me that I had been trying to hold back.

Opening a business is stressful and when you're the one in charge you feel obligated to act as if you have everything under control. You don't want anyone who's depending on you to see you crack out of fear of letting them down.

But with Kaydence, I feel safe sharing how I feel. I know she can relate and she can help give me some of the motherly advice I need to hear right now.

"What's going on?" She asked, breaking the silence that had developed since Noami left.

"Let's get comfortable." I motioned to one of the tables.

Kaydence took a seat at a nearby table while her eyes continued to read me. As I sat down, she repeated her question. "What's going on?"

"I'm a mix of anxiety and nerves." I confessed, knowing it was better to get right into it. "Even though I feel like I've done all that I can to prepare for this, I just don't know if it's enough for a grand opening."

She nodded, showing me she understood. "Is there anything that you've done that you're having second thoughts about?"

"No." I shrugged. "The only thing that's left to do is to finish baking. That's the part I feel the most comfortable about, I know I can do it and do it well."

Kaydence had a gentle look in her eyes as she looked at me. "Then you're ready Isabelle. The place looks amazing, you've done everything that you can. Now, you just need to trust the process."

"You're right." I nodded.

"Just remember, you're not doing this alone Isabelle." She assured me as she placed her hand on top of mine. "You don't have just Sterling backing you on this, you have all of us here for you. If you need anything at all we've got you."

I could feel the emotions inside of me being put at ease. Her words made me feel a lot more confident about the opening, but they were also so touching.

The Tipton's have always been supportive of me and Kaydence has always done her best to make me feel a part of the family. But it's these moments like this where I'm reminded of just how important we've become to each other.

"Thank you." I gave her a small smile.

"No need to thank me." She straightened her posture. "It's what I'm here for. Now, is there anything you'll need help with baking? I may not be as gifted as you, but if I can lend my hands to make it easier I'm more than happy to."

I wouldn't mind the help, but I have the staff members here to assist me. Besides, Kaydence has her own business and a newborn to worry about. The last thing I want to do is take up her time, but I'll be forever grateful for her offer.

"I appreciate it, but I think we've got it covered."

"Okay." She responded as we both stood up. She then proceeded to give me a hug. "If you change your mind, give me a call. I know Scarlett would also be happy to help."

"I will."

We parted ways and she gave me a wave goodbye once she was out of the door. I shot her one in return and when she had left, I let out a low breath. With the confidence she had helped me dig out, it was time to put it to use and get to work.