She Was Looking For Me

Sterling

I waited patiently for Elise to arrive at the restaurant. Instead of getting us a table in the more private area I took one right in the middle. It was out in the open which made it perfect for the situation. This would force Elise to have some sort of self control.

She finally came into view as a hostess led her to the table. I could see on her face she was already unhappy. It seemed to only intensify as she realized where we were seated tonight. She waved her hand to dismiss the hostess and then came to take a seat.

"Is this really the best you could do?" She made it clear that she was disgusted with my choice.

"No." I answered honestly as I kept my face emotionless. I wasn't going to let her get to me tonight. "This is what I felt was right for tonight."

"Whatever you say." She rolled her eyes and set down her purse.

I looked around the restaurant and noticed a couple being sat down. My eyes recognized her almost instantly. The chocolate brown hair, those grey eyes and that beautiful figure of her's. I would recognize Isabelle anywhere to be honest. She always caught my eye.

She was in a black strapless dress that went down to her knees. It hugged every curve of her body perfectly. Her brown hair was let down into loose waves. She looked stunning as always. If only she was sitting here with me instead of Elise.

"Of course." Elise scoffed as she noticed where my eyes were. She then turned back to face me. "I would appreciate it if the next time you fuck your assistant you didn't let her try to brag about it to me."

"What are you talking about?" I furrowed my brows as I gave her my attention again.

"Whatever her name is and I had a run in on the street." She glared at me angrily. "She informed me you ate her out and that you had her on her knees for you."

My blood went cold as she confronted me. Not because of the acts themselves but because I could tell she was pissed off about it. I didn't know what to expect from her on this. The fact she kept calm here only made me feel more confident in my decision to meet her to end things.

"The boss seducing his assistant, it's such a fucking cliché thing to do Sterling. I thought you were better than that." She sneered. "Not that it matters, I'll look past it just for you."

"I don't want you to." I kept my face blank. If I didn't let her see any emotion it would be harder for her to try to play on them. "Elise we're not good for each other anymore, to be honest I don't think we ever were."

She seemed completely unphased by my words. "Everyone needs a little work Sterling. It's a just a rough patch. Maybe if you pulled your weight I'd be happier which then would lead to you being happier and not trying to fuck girls like her."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I clenched my fist so tight my knuckles went white as she once again talked down about Isabelle.

"It means you only went to her because she's accessible to you." Elise responded. "She was easy to cave into what you wanted. Have higher standards for yourself and be faithful."

I took a deep breath in and let it out. "I don't think I can stand to sit here any longer, maybe dinner isn't such a good idea."

"Agreed." Elise picked up her purse. "I have more important places to be anyway."

"Elise." I attempted to get her attention before she stood up but she ignored me. She must've picked up on what I had really come to do tonight.

"Sterling, I'm not doing this right now. Take some time to think and we'll talk in a few days." She turned around and started to walk away again.

"Elise." I called out but she kept walking.

I had been so damn close. So close to my freedom but she just wouldn't let me have it. I leaned back in the chair and rubbed my forehead with my hand. Elise just wouldn't let me fucking win, ever.

I glanced over and noticed Isabelle chatting with her date. She had a smile on her face. She was clearly having a good time. I looked away as I didn't want her to catch me looking. I didn't want to ruin her night.

"Mr. Tipton, can I get you anything?" The waitress came over and asked.

"Can you move me to a more private table in the area?" I asked. "I'd still like to have a view of this table though."

"Sure thing." The waitress nodded. "Follow me."

I got up from the table and followed behind her. We moved back further into the restaurant until we reached another table. I looked at the table that sat Isabelle. I still had a clear view of her.

"Is this okay?" The waitress asked.

"Perfect. Thank you." I responded as I took a seat.

"Can I get you anything?" She questioned further.

"No, I'm good for now. Thank you." I answered.

She walked away and I sat back to keep an eye on Isabelle. I knew I should just leave and go home but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I had a feeling in my gut that I should stay here. I just didn't know if it was for myself or for Izzy.

I watched as she seemed to be enjoying her date's company. He had her laughing while they ate. Then it came time for them to get their dessert. I was about to call it a night but then I noticed something off. Isabelle began to look uncomfortable as he tried to touch on her.

He attempted to grab her thigh which she tried to move away but he just tried to grab it again. He then leaned in and whispered something to her. Her face went a little paler before he pulled away. He clearly had said something that put her on edge.

I watched a little longer. The anger within me began to rise as I noticed he kept making her more uncomfortable and grabbed her here and there when he thought no one was watching. Those beautiful grey eyes seemed to hold some fear in them. It was clear she was looking for someone to help get her out of this situation. Her eyes fell on the table I had sat at with Elise. She was looking for me.

I watched as he attempted to grab her once more. She clearly told him to stop but he didn't care. I didn't hesitate any longer. I marched my way up to their table. I heard her tell him firmly once more to stop but he told her she owed him for the meal.

He went to reach for her thigh again but I caught them both by surprise as I grabbed his hand and squeezed it hard. He looked over at me confused and in pain from my grip. I glanced over to Isabelle who for the first time since she had returned seemed relieved to see me.

I stared coldly at the man as I spoke in a threatening tone. "I believe she told you to stop. Now I suggest if you want to keep this hand you get the fuck out of here right now."

**Author's Note**

Now some of you already know this because you read one of the other stories but it's time I let you know here. After much consideration I've decided to take the next two weeks off. If you've followed me for awhile you know I hate taking time off but this time it's necessary that I do. I've been struggling a little bit mentally and I have a few other things I need to take care of. Updates for this story and Real Bad Things will resume on November 1st. If you've got any questions or concerns I will still be checking comments and I'll be active on my Instagram @lysmarieauthorThank you for your support and understanding, it means so much to me. I hate doing this but I need to so I can keep continuing to create for you. See you guys on November 1st, much love to you all!