I've Said All That I Needed To

Isabelle

Lily and her husband Joseph helped keep me company to kill some time. Neither of us understood why there was a delay in the first place. We could see outside of the windows that the plane was here and ready for us to board, but for whatever reason they weren't allowing anybody on.

"I'll be back." I informed Lily and Joseph.

"Are you okay dear?" Lily's eyes were soft as she asked.

I gave her a reassuring nod. "Yes, just getting a little restless and wanting to move around."

"Okay." Lily responded.

I turned back around and started walking around. My stomach was a knotted mess and this delay wasn't helping me. I was supposed to be getting ready to go onto the plane and getting out of here, but here I am playing the waiting game.

I took in a few deep breaths, exhaling them in hopes to calm myself. It was a good attempt, but it wasn't working.

I walked over to a desk where a woman stood. It's been about twenty minutes so hopefully there was an update by now. Even if it was just a small one I would take it at this point.

"Excuse me." I spoke to get the woman's attention.

She looked up from the desk and gave me a small smile. "How can I help you?"

"I'm supposed to be on the flight to Miami that's been delayed." I informed her. "Is there any update as to when we'll be boarding?"

She glanced down at her computer, typing in something and then reading over some information. "There isn't any update at this time."

I exhaled a low breath. "Is there any update regarding what's causing this delay? Anyone I've spoken to seems to be at a loss on what has caused it."

She nervously bit her lower lip for a moment. "I don't have any information myself, I apologize."

I glanced around, making sure there was no one nearby. "It's not a mechanical issue is it?"

It's the only thing I could think of that would keep everyone quiet. If there was one it probably would cause a panic between everyone who was going to board the flight, which is something the airport would obviously not want.

"No." She quickly shook her head. "Everything with the plane is fine, there's just been a delay."

"Okay." I nodded. "Thank you for your time."

"Of course." She gave me a small smile.

I turned around and walked around some more. It was obvious that I wasn't going to get any more answers from the staff. I was just going to have to be patient and wait for them to allow us to board. The weather was good and if there really were no mechanical issues then we shouldn't be waiting too much longer.

As I continued walking on my own, my thoughts began to take over. I started this mental debate on whether or not I was doing the right thing. Killian brought up that I should give it a few days and he was the only one who knows what Sterling's plotting... maybe he was right and I should.

I stopped myself and shook away the thought. I knew this would happen the longer it took me to get on the plane. It was the whole reason I took the earlier flight and now my mind is battling with my heart.

I walked back over to Lily and Joseph. At least if I was around others to make conversation it will help keep me from thinking. If I can't think then I won't be able to doubt my decision.

"Welcome back dear." Lily smiled as I took my seat. "How was your walk?"

"It was fine." I emitted a low sigh. "I tried to see if there was any updated information but they don't have any."

"It's rather annoying isn't it?" Lily scrunched her nose. "Keeping us waiting here like this, as if we don't all have places we'd rather be."

"Patience is a virtue Lily." Her husband reminded her as he sat by her side. "I'd rather be safe and take a little longer to get there."

"I suppose you're right." Lily sighed. "I'm just getting a little antsy I guess, I'm just excited to finally be going on a vacation and poor Isabelle has a job she's going for. I'm sure they'd like her to be there sooner rather than later."

An amused grin twitched onto my lips. "I'm sure my new boss will be just fine."

If this had been a job I had just gone out and applied for, then I'd be a little nervous. However since this was a job set up by Damon Tipton, I had a feeling my position would be safe regardless. It's not like this delay was in my control.

Lily and Joseph began to talk about some of the things about their trip. I listened with a pleasant smile, it actually was helping get my mind off of everything. That was until I heard my name yelled out inside of the airport.

"Isabelle!" My name was called again but this time I recognized that voice instantly, it belonged to Sterling.

I stood up from my seat and turned to face the direction in which it came from. I noticed people moving out of the way and my heart started beating faster as my eyes met those icy blue orbs. They were filled with so much emotion and judging by his appearance Sterling hadn't had a decent night's sleep in a while.

He continued pushing his way towards me, and then he stood in front of me. "We need to talk."

"Sterling." My voice rasped. "I've said all that I needed to."

I went to turn away but he grabbed my arm and gently pulled me into his chest. I tried to look away but he took his free hand to grip my chin in between his fingers, forcing me to look into those blue eyes.

"You're not leaving until you hear me out." I could tell by his tone he meant it. "I need to tell you the truth, about what I've been up to and how I feel."

I stood there, just looking into his eyes. I know now exactly why there had been a delay in the flight for no reason, a Tipton had gotten in the way. He wasn't going to let me leave until he had the chance to talk, and that meant he probably wasn't going to give the all clear for the plane to be boarded until I did.

"Fine." My voice was practically a whisper. "But you better make it good."