Don't Put Too Much Pressure

Isabelle

"Are you ready Sweetheart?" Sterling asked from the doorway of the bathroom.

I finished applying my lipstick and looked over at him. "Just about."

Things have improved since he kept his word and went to see the doctor. I can see that he's been trying his best and I want him to know I appreciate it. So, I've stayed here a few nights with him.

I finished up in the bathroom and walked out into the living room, picking up my purse. "Ready when you are."

His eyes perused my body, studying every inch of me. "You look stunning."

"Thank you." I felt my cheeks heat up as I began to blush. "You look pretty great yourself."

He closed the gap between us and wrapped an arm around my waist. His head dipped down and his lips met mine. I could feel the butterflies fluttering in my stomach as he kissed me slowly and gently, which still managed to send excitement through my body and heat to pool between my legs.

Breaking the kiss, his breath ghosted over my face as he spoke. "We should probably be going, I don't want to keep everyone waiting."

"Right." I nodded.

Kaydence and Samuel had been home from the hospital a few days now and she wanted to have a family dinner. Everyone was on the fence about it, no one wanted to be too much too soon considering Samuel is only a week old. But she insisted that she wants her family together.

Sterling unwrapped his arm around my waist and grabbed my hand. He led the way out of the penthouse and down to the car. When we got inside, he started it up and drove to his parent's mansion.

When we got there I could tell Martin was already here and so were Killian and Kaydence's parents. Sterling parked the car and we headed to the door where he rang the bell. We didn't wait long before Rose opened the door with a smile.

"Sterling, Isabelle, it's a pleasure to see you both." She beamed as she looked between the two of us. "Everyone is in the living room."

"Thank you Rose." Sterling gave her a nod and then we joined everyone else.

Kaydence was the first one to spot us as we entered the room. Her eyes lit up as a smile crossed her lips. She was excited, but at the same time I could tell she was feeling a sense of relief.

"I'm so glad you two could join us." She smiled as Sterling and I came into the room and took a seat.

"Glad to be here." I shot her a grin in return.

She held Samuel in her arms and I noticed as Sterling's eyes were glued to him. The expressionless stare on his face made it hard to tell what was going through his mind. I don't know the full extent of his issues, for all I know just seeing Samuel could possibly trigger him.

"Sterling." Kaydence called out his name, pulling his attention away from Samuel and to her. "Do you want to hold him?"

"Yeah." Sterling faintly nods. "Please."

Kaydence got up from the couch and carefully brought Samuel over. She gently placed him in Sterling's arms and I couldn't help but watch. As Kaydence backed away I noticed Sterling smile at his little brother, it filled me with warmth as well as relief.

Sterling held Samuel for a while as everyone visited with each other. Then it came time for dinner and we all headed into the dining room. While we ate everyone talked with each other and I could see how much joy it was bringing Kaydence to have everyone important to her together.

Once the meal was finished everyone began to get ready to go. Kaydence may have wanted everyone there but no one was going to stay longer than necessary. She's still recovering and it's important that she gets well rested.

Kaydence walked Sterling and me to the door as Damon followed behind with Samuel. She gave me a hug and then one to Sterling who placed a kiss on her cheek. We said our goodbyes and then headed out to the lime green Lamborghini.

"That was a nice visit." Sterling commented as he pulled out of the driveway. "Did you have a good time Sweetheart?"

"Of course." I nodded. "It's always a good time with your family. They're always so nice and welcoming."

He glanced over with a small smile at his lips. "It's because they love you."

The warmth I had when watching him with Samuel came rushing back. I know he's right, the Tiptons have always treated me like I'm a part of them. They are the closest thing I have to a real family and one day, not right now but one day, it will be made official.

"Not that I can blame them." He shrugged as he focused back on the road. "I happen to be quite in love with you myself."

I felt my cheeks heat up as I began to blush. "The feeling is mutual."

His smile grew wider as his eyes remained focused on the road. Silence began to set in between us, which led me to thinking. I know he did go and see a psychiatrist but I decided to not press him for any details... but now I'm curious.

"So, how did your meeting with your doctor turn out?" It was a simple question, if he didn't want to go into it then I would drop it.

His smile faded as he drew in a deep breath. "It was alright."

"Do you not want to talk about it?" I carefully asked. If he would rather keep it confidential between his doctor and himself, then I will respect that.

"No, we can talk about it." He responded. "Dr. Dixon doesn't think I'm like Justin and Ava."

I felt a sense of relief again. Not that I wouldn't love him if he did happen to be bipolar, but it would make things a little more challenging. It would be a learning process but I would take it on for him, I'd take anything on for him.

"He does think I have some things I need to work through though." He confessed with a shallow breath. "I have an appointment to go back next week."

"That's good."

We reached the apartment complex and he parked the car. He grabbed my hand in his and turned to face me. "I promise, if you're patient with me I will get through this."

"I know, don't put too much pressure on yourself." I shot him a reassuring smile. "I promise, I'm not going anywhere Sterling."