My Position Here

Isabelle

I walked beside Sterling as we headed for his father's office. I had requested a meeting with Damon. I didn't tell Sterling why but I felt he should be present as this one dealt with him.

"He's ready for you." Stacey smiled as she saw us coming her way. "Go right on in."

"Thank you." Sterling nodded and headed for the doors.

He opened them and we stepped inside. Damon looked between the two of us, trying to access the situation. Things have been a little tense since the airport.

After our conversation Sterling took me back to Noami's apartment. She was surprised to see me but she was pleased. She and I then sat and talked for awhile, which ended up with her asking why I stayed.

The answer is simple. My heart won, I couldn't leave after being face to face with him. I still love him and I understand why he did what he did. My brain however, was smart enough to not allow me to not get caught up in the moment.

I meant what I said, Sterling had to earn me back. To make that happen I had to make myself less accessible. I could no longer take the position of his assistant.

Sterling and I sat down in front of Damon. "Thank you for seeing us." I spoke, breaking the silence that had settled in.

"Of course." Damon gave me a small nod. "What did you want to discuss with me?"

"Since my plans have gotten derailed I wanted to talk to you about my position here." I informed him, which caused Sterling's attention to focus on me. "I don't feel like it would be right to come in and resume my role as Sterling's assistant, so if the opportunity still stands I would like to take on the role as Killian's assistant if the position is still available."

Damon was quiet for a moment as he looked at Sterling who seemed a little taken aback by my request. I don't know how he hadn't seen this coming. Being his assistant the last time had me crumbling in his hands too quickly and I refused to allow that again.

"Are you sure?" Damon looked between the both of us.

Nodding, I responded. "Yes."

I glanced over at Sterling from the side of my eye. I expected him to protest this, but he just sat there quietly. I could tell by the look on his face he didn't want this to happen but he wasn't going to fight it.

"Okay." Damon finally spoke after giving it some thought. "If that's what you think is best then Killian's assistant you will be."

"Thank you." I felt slightly relieved.

It's not that I didn't want to be Sterling's at all. I just know in my gut that for this to work out this time this is for the best. He'll still see me around but when either of us get carried away and caught up in the moment, we won't be in his office where it's easy to slip up.

"Is there anything else?" Damon asked.

"No." I shook my head. "That's all."

Damon straightened up in his chair and looked over at Sterling. "Isabelle, why don't you inform Killian of the change that's been put in place? While you're at it move your things to the desk of his assistant. As for you Sterling, I want you to sit back so that we can talk for just a moment."

Getting up from the chair, I headed out of the office. I proceeded to head for the desk where I had my things and I quickly gathered them in a box. Once I had everything, I took it over to where Killian's office was.

His isn't as big as Damon or Sterling's but it's still a decent size. I knocked on his door, waiting for it to open. I could tell he was slightly surprised to see me standing here.

"Izzy, what's up?" He asked curiously.

"I'm your new assistant." I informed him. "Decision was just made a few minutes ago."

Killian's brows furrowed for a moment, he then looked passed. I turned around to see what he was looking at and my eyes met Sterling's. He was looking over here as he walked back to his office, he didn't look happy but he didn't exactly look pissed off either.

"I'm guessing this was your idea?" Killian asked, looking back at me.

I turned around to give him my attention. "Kind of. Mr. Tipton had offered it to me right before I left, apparently he was having a hard time finding an assistant who doesn't get on her knees for you in five seconds."

A devilish smirk crosses his lips. "I can't help it, he did tell me that my assistants are to take care of all of my needs."

"Well, looks like that ends today." I responded to him.

While I happen to be a distraction for Sterling, I am the perfect choice for Killian. I see him more as a brother than anything and Damon is aware of that. It's why he had brought me up in the first place, he knows he won't have to fire me within a week or two.

"Damn it." Killian exhaled an exaggerated sigh. "Whatever shall I do now?"

"Maybe you could try this thing called working." I sweetly smiled.

A low chuckle escaped his lips. "I'll get right on that. Why don't you get your things situated and then I'll buy you some lunch?"

"Sounds good boss." I responded as I turned to set my box down on my new desk.

Killian turned back around to face me. "Don't call me that."

"Okay." I raised a brow. "What am I expected to call you then?"

"Just Killian is preferred." He answered.

I nodded, letting him know I was going to honor his request. "Okay."

Killian walked into his office and I began situating my things on the desk. Once I had everything in place I sat down. From here I still had a clear view of Sterling's office, even of the desk I had before.

I took a deep breath and let it out. My stomach has still felt knotted up from everything that's gone on the last few days.

My phone buzzed on my desk, signifying I had received a text message. I picked it up and Sterling's name was on the screen.

Sterling: I'd like to take you out this Saturday.

I bit my lower lip as I thought over how to respond. Part of me still felt a little upset and wanted to tell him no. Then there's another part of me that knows I should say yes. I'm supposed to be giving him a chance and he can't take it if I don't allow it.

Isabelle: Okay.

**Author's Note**

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you guys know that the updates this week won't be very consistent. I have a few things going on that will be keeping me busy, I also need to take the next day or two so that I can properly outline the next portion of the story. Thank you for understanding!