Chapter 2

After Elena tried to give herself to Klaus in exchange for the safety of her friends and family, she had received a huge lecture on how irresponsible it was of her

After Elena tried to give herself to Klaus in exchange for the safety of her friends and family, she had received a huge lecture on how irresponsible it was of her. Stefan was stuck in the tomb with Katherine and that vampire that was supposed to be dead was apparently very much alive.

Tessa had decided to sleep in and stay away from all the supernatural drama for one day. ONE DAY. And her best friend tried to kill herself, her other best friend got stuck with her psycho friend and now her favorite vampire best friend was whining about how annoying his life had become to her.

"What Elena did was stupid," Tessa said, "But it wasn't wrong. I would have done the same thing."

"You would have sacrificed yourself?" Damon questioned furrowing his eyebrows as he looked at her with a bit of hurt.

"If it means keeping the people I care about safe, then yes. I don't think I could live with myself if anything happened to you. Any of you."

Damon sped in front of her, their faces barely touching as he looked into her eyes. Lust and desire flashed in his eyes as he slightly leaned in. It was as if a button was clicked in his brain and he back away, speeding away leaving a very confused Tessa behind.

♥ 

"You should really lock your door." Damon joked as he came into the room with a smile on his face, Elena had a pour on her face while Tessa tried to get her to eat something.

"Come on, pouty. At least give me 2 points for ingenuity." 

"Do you think this is funny?" 

"Yes, Elena I find hilarity in the lengths that I have to go to repeatedly save your life.

"What did Stefan say about this?" 

"He had a good laugh."

 "And what did he say about Elijah still being alive?" Damon lifted Tessa's feet up and rest them on his lap. He then proceeded to take her sandwich out of her hands and takes a giant bite. 

"Hey!" 

"Sharing is caring."

"Not when it comes to my food," she complained and he responds by kissing her cheek. 

"Yeah, and that I didn't tell him about Elijah."

 "Why not?" Tessa asked him and he pursed his lips. 

"Well, A he can't do anything about it, and B what I just said." 

"Wow, such a profound argument." 

"Where is Bonnie?" Damon asked as Jeremy came into the room. 

"I thought she was meeting you," Jeremy answered. 

"No, she's on moonstone duty and I'm on Elena patrol."

 "And who's on Tyler Lockwood and the full moon?" Elena widened her eyes realizing what the night was.