Chapter 33

Five year old Tessa slowly walked down the stairs. Her eyes searched around the house for any signs of her father. She was woken up by the sound of glass breaking and the yells from her mother.

"Daddy?" She called out as she walked into the kitchen. There was glass shattered on the floor, some of the utensils were also lying there. "Daddy?" She called out again, her voice was shaky this time.

"Theresa?" She heard her father's voice from the hall and quickly ran to it. "Theresa? Baby?"

"Daddy," Tessa ran to into her father's arms.

James White held his daughter tightly in his arms. He stroked her hair and whispered sweet-nothings in her ears. 

"What happened daddy?" Tessa said making James pull away and look at her. Her worried eyes were trailed on the blood stains on his clothes making him curse under his breath. He didn't want her to see that. He wanted to keep her as far away from everything as possible. 

"Nothing, angel. Nothing."

She frowned but did not say anything else, she just buried herself in his neck and curled up into a ball as he picked her up.

"Come on, honey. Let's get you out of here." James whispered. 

He started walking towards the door when a loud bang made him stop. 

"What's wrong?" He almost didn't hear her since her head was still buried in his chest. 

"Damn it," James cursed. "Angel, I need you to hold on tight okay?"

She nodded and tightened her hold on her father. She shut her eyes and screamed when a blinding purple light surrounded them. 

And then she was no longer in her house. And her father wasn't there with her either. 

Tessa White shot up on the bed. Tears were streaming down her face and sweat was glistening on her forehead. She was having these nightmares for a week now.  But this one just felt so real - too real.

She dragged her fingers through her messy hair and let out a sigh as she tried to calm herself down. 

It was just a dream. She told herself. It's okay. You're okay.

Tessa giggled again as Aaron pulled her closer to him, leaving butterfly kisses down her neck.

"I have to go to school." She moaned. 

"No," he whined, nibbling on the soft skin.

"I kinda do, I need to get good grades, you know?"

"You have supernatural creatures as your boyfriends. Klaus will compel them to give you As."

"No," she retorted, pulling away from him. "I don't want to go to college because someone compelled them to take me. If I get an A, I want it to be because I am good at it."

"You are too good, it's concerning," he groaned. 

"Okay, I have to go now," she smiled, leaning in to kiss him. "I love you."

"I love yo-." 

There was a loud banging sound making them break away.

"What the-." Aaron frowned.

They shared a worried glance before rushing down the stairs. 

Klaus had pinned someone to the wall, his hands on their neck. Elijah, Damon and Stefan were glaring at whoever it was he was holding. She could hear choking sounds making her furrow her brows in concern. 

"Nik?" She called out making him turn around. But her eyes weren't on her boyfriend anymore. They were on the person he was holding. 

Tessa's blood ran cold when her eyes met his. Her eyes widened and her hands began trembling. 

She let out a shaky breath,

"Dad?"

A/N - HEEHEHEHE adult James is alive. This is going to get so interesting. And sad. But mostly interesting. And sad. xoxo.