Chapter 13

They did not get Clary's memories, Alec freaked out when his memory came out

They did not get Clary's memories, Alec freaked out when his memory came out. They never told her what the memory was though.

Tessa had sat the summoning out since only five people were required.

"Elijah's alive thought you'd like to know," Damon said over the phone as Tessa packed her bags. 

"That's good. I'm coming to Mystic Falls, I miss you guys."

"Good because we need you. Dinner with the originals. Sound good?"

"Why are we having dinner with Lijah and Klaus?" Tessa asked rolling her eyes.

"Because we want peace," Damon said and Tessa could hear  the smirk through the phone.

"You want peace? Who are you and what have you done to my best friend?"

"One of us has to be responsible, and Stefan is anything but right now."

"How is he?" She frowned, she was worried about him. Right now, he pretended to not care but she knew how much the guilt would soon eat him alive. 

"An ass that cares about nothing but revenge."

"An ass that cares about nothing but revenge but is your brother. Don't be too hard on him."

"You're too kind Tessie, maybe it's time you understood that this time we might have finally lost him," Damon said.

"I'll give up on him when I take my last breath, Damon. He'll be okay, we, you'll make sure of it. He's  your brother, if there's anything that'll bring him back to his boring, brooding self, it's you."

"I hope so," Damon sighed, "I really hope so."

"Everything will be okay."

"I know it will, you're coming back," he smiled. He was glad she was coming back, he missed her.

"I'll see you soon, love ya Day," Tessa smiled.

"I love you too, Tes."

"Niklaus. Our guests have arrived," Elijah announced as he smiled at Tessa. "I see, you're back."

"Yes, I am. Can't stay away from Mystic Falls drama for too long, can I?"

"Damon, Stefan, Tessa. Elijah tells me you seek an audience. Very bold," Klaus said. "Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men, and woman, shall we?"

"It's better to indulge him," Elijah said, walking towards the fancily decorated table.

"I didn't uh, come here to eat, Klaus," Stefan said making Tessa roll her eyes. "In fact I didn't want to come here at all, but I was told I had to  because you would hear us out."

"Well we can sit and eat," Klaus chuckled. "Or I can reach down your throats and pull out her insides. The choice is yours."

"Hey," Tessa called rolling her eyes once again and sitting down next to the hybrid. "Play nice," she gave him a pointed look.