Epilogue

Narrator's POV:

Welcome back readers, yes it has been some time. Eight months to be exact, who knew time could fly by so fast. The story of the Morgan family has finally come to an end without anyone knowing, even the author. However, one last chapter will be left for you all. This story has been one crazy ride with heartbreak and love. Even though it has come to an end, who knows, it may just be a new beginning.

———

Y/N's POV:

I am sitting in the empty locker with a small smile on my face and no, I am not in England. It is my final day as a professional soccer player which means my last game has to be with my family in the United States. I sigh as I lean back in my locker when I hear the door open. I look towards it and see my beautiful wife walk towards me.

"You know that there is a sold crowd waiting for us," Alex says as she sits in the locker next to me. I smile as I take her hand in mine and intertwine or fingers.

"I never thought I would make it this far," I tell her and she grips my hand, "You, Bailey, Olivia, and Asher. Then everyone else. I didn't think I would ever have the family that I wanted."

"Well, you didn't think it would happen, but it did and I am so proud of you," Alex tells me and I smile at her. Alex then gently takes my prosthetic arm off and places it in the locker. She places her hand on my cheek and pulls me in for a gentle kiss. I smile as we pull apart.

"We are breaking tradition today," I tell her and she looks at me confused. Alex then smiles brightly as I pull out two captain bands. "Will you do the honors?" I ask as I hand them to her.

Alex takes them out of my hand before sliding one on my arm and then hers. "One last time?" Alex asks me.

"One last time."

Alex and I walk out hand in hand to the starting line up in the tunnel. I sigh quietly as I look at the old and new players. Yes, many players have already retired from this team, but that doesn't mean they won't be in the stands. Alex kisses my cheek before walking to the front of the line.

"You ready, Kid?" Cheney asks walking up next to me.

I look at her before smiling, "Hell yeah." Cheney pats my back as I walk to stand in front of Alex.

The referees nod and the teams make their way out. The cheers in the stadium fill the atmosphere as I take in everything one last time. The field, the crowd, my teammates.

We soon make it to the center and Alex and I hug everyone as we line up. I look into the stand and see a lot of the retirees like Kelley, Tobin, Christen, Ashlyn, Ali, Becky along with everyone else.

Everything feels like it went by so fast and the next thing I know the announcer calls out Alex's and my name. "Now please, let us honor Alex Morgan and Y/N Morgan as this will be there last professional soccer game," they say and the crowd cheers loudly.

Alex and I walk up and go through the ceremony. We take individual pictures and pictures together before our kids come up to us. I smile as they hug us and we take a group picture. Then Hartley, Elijah, Vivian, and my dad join.

At the end Alex and I both have tears in our eyes. We got to our team and proceed with our last career team huddle. "Well this has been one hell of a ride," I say making everyone laugh. "Some of you I have known forever and some of you I have not, but that does not mean you are any less close to mine and Alex's heart. There have been ups and down, but it always came back here. To soccer. Alex and I are both grateful that our last game gets to be with you all." Alex wraps her arm around my shoulder and nods.