Chapter 45

Warnings: None.
————————————————————————
Recap:

"I'm sorry for all the pain I have caused you, ok? I am trying to make things better, so please just give me a chance," my dad says pleadingly.

"I'm not giving you a chance. You had your chance with me years ago and you blew it," I say.

"Y/N," someone shouts from the field and I turn to see Dawn, "We got to go."

"I'll be right there," I tell Dawn then turn back to my sister, "I'll try and see you soon."

Hartley nods with tears in her eyes. I pull her into a tight hug and hold her, "I'll visit you as much as I can, I promise."

We pull away from each other and I wipe her tears away then place a kiss on her forehead. "I love you, Hart."

"I love you too, Y/N/N," she says and I smile.

I place one more kiss on her forehead then go on the field and walk towards the bus. Once I get to the bus I sit next to Alex and place a kiss on her cheek. She sends me a big smile and then everyone on the bus starts chanting.

"WE GOT FOUR STARS ON OUR SHIRTS!"

-----

Present

Y/N's POV:

"Babe," I hear Alex shout from downstairs.

"What," I shout as I put my shirt on.

"We need to go or we'll be late," she says and I rush downstairs.

"I'm here," I say and Alex chuckles.

"Put your shoes on and let's go," Alex says.

I do as told and we get into the car.

We are back in Orlando. The parade in New York is done, the ESPY'S is done, the victory tour is done, and now I am on my way to the doctor to get my prosthetic arm. The past couple of weeks I have been able to learn how to do a lot of things by myself, like getting dress, which I am very thankful for.

"You ok," Alex asks as she hold my hand.

"Just a little nervous," I say and look at her.

"You will be fine, I promise," she says and kisses the back of my hand.

I smile at her and she smiles back. Once we arrive at the doctor we are taken back. After a few minutes there is a knock on the door.

"Hello," the woman says when she walks in, "I am Dr. Davis. It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too," I say.

"So, first I am just going to check your arms and make sure that it has healed enough that you can have the prosthetic arm now," she says and puts some gloves on, "Do you mind taking your shirt off so I can check?"

"Sure," I say then take it off.

"Alright, let's see," Dr. Davis says as she starts to look at my arm, "Can you raise it for me?"

I do what she asks. "Ok, that's great. It doesn't hurt or anything." Dr. Davis asks me.

"No ma'am," I tell her.

"Well then, I'm happy to let you know that you may receive your prosthetic arm today," Dr. Davis says with a smile.

Alex pulls me in for a hug and I sink into her embrace. "I'll give you two a few while I go get it," Dr. Davis says then walks out of the room.