Chapter 20

Warnings: None
————————————————————————
Recap:

Alex then wheels me into the room where my piano is. "You play the piano," she asks shocked.

"Yep," I say as I run my fingers over the keys.

"Why didn't you tell me," Alex asks.

I sigh and look down, "I was going to play the day of our wedding."

Alex eyes soften, "I'm sorry," she says.

"It's ok, you want me to play you a song?"

"YES," Alex says excitingly as she moves the stool aside and pushes me in front of it.

Alex sits on the bench and I start to play.

Once I finish Alex has tears streaming down her face. I lean over and place a kiss on her lips. I pull her into my lap carefully so she doesn't hurt me. Alex snuggles into me and I just hold her till we have to leave.
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

Alex is still on my lap when I think of something. "How are we going to get all my things to Orlando since we aren't driving," I ask her.

Alex keeps her head on my chest when she answers, "in a couple days Kelley, Christen, and Becky will come get the rest of your things. I text her about your piano, she'll keep it at her house and I'll buy you one in Orlando."

I smile, "You don't have to buy me one, Alex."

Alex looks up at me, "I want to though so I can hear you play," she tells me.

I chuckle and kiss her, "Thank you."

"Welcome," Alex says as stands up.

"I'm gonna put your suitcases and your guitar in the car. I'll be back in a few," Alex tells me and leaves the room.

I start to move around the house in my wheelchair. I sigh once I reach my bedroom. I start to think about everything that has happened in the past year. Alex left me on our wedding day, I started to drink, went down a dark path, Tristan betrayed me, I saw my mom who also betrayed me, I got into a car accident, and now I'm with Alex. Her and I aren't official, but honestly, I hope we become official soon.

I don't realize I'm crying until Alex walks in, "What's wrong Y/N/N," she asks as she kneels in front of me.

"I'm just thinking about everything that has happened," I tell her.

Alex gives me a soft smile and wipes my tears away, "And I am so sorry you had to go through that and like I told you, I am never leaving you're side again."

I smile and she leans in and kisses me. "We need to go, our flight is in two hours and I got us first class seats so you can be comfortable," Alex tells me as we pull away.