Chapter 8

Warnings: Mention of alcohol.
——————————————————————

Recap:

"We missed you," Rose responds

"And your hugs," Emily says.

"Also you're cuddles," Mal tells me.

"And we're really sorry and this is a form of an apology," Lindsey tell me as she rests her head on my shoulder.

I laugh and look behind me to see the team and staff smiling at us. My eyes connect with Alex's and I give her a small smile and she smiles back. I turn back around when Jill speaks up, "Alright, girls, get off of Y/N and please go to your seats. We got to get to training."

The four girls go back to their seats then we are on our way to the field.

———
Present

Y/N's POV:

Once we get to the field everybody gets off the bus. Me along with the rest of the staff head towards the field while the team goes to the locker room to change.

When I get to the field I set down my medical supplies. I sigh as I look at the field, I haven't been on a soccer field in over a year. It's pretty refreshing to be on one again. "Hey, Doc," I hear someone say and I turn around.

I smile slightly, "Hey, Alex."

Alex just stands there as we look at each other. After a couple seconds I clear my throat, "Is there something you need," I ask her.

"Oh, yeah, um, I was wondering if you could wrap up my knee. It's been acting up and I need it be stable," Alex says nervously.

I chuckle and walk towards Alex, "Relax, Al. You don't need to be so nervous anymore," I say as I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her in for a hug.

Alex tenses, but when she realizes I'm not letting go she wraps her arms around my neck and hugs me tighter. "I missed you so much," Alex says into my shoulder.

I sigh, "I missed you too. I don't forgive you completely yet, but Jill told me about your therapy. I'm proud of you. We'll talk later," I say then pull away.

Alex has some tears coming down her face and I wipe them away, "Let's head to the bench so I can wrap up your knee."

We walk towards the bench when something catches my eye, I look to the left and the entire team is looking at Alex and I with smiles on their faces. When they see me looking at them they all turn away. I chuckle and walk towards Alex.

Alex sits on the bench as I go to my medical kit to get a knee brace. "Instead of a wrap I think it's better that we use a knee brace. It'll help stabilize your knee more," I tell Alex as I kneel in front of her.

I start to put it on her when Alex places her hand on top of mine. I look up at her, "Thank you for giving me a chance," she tells me.

I smile up at her as I finish placing the brace on her. "Get to training," I tell her.

Alex laughs and runs off.

"Alright, girls. Dawn is gonna lead you through your warm up with some conditioning after. Your gonna do some passing drills while the keepers do their own thing. After that we're gonna do a scrimmage then we hit the weight room," Jill tells the girls.