Chapter 18

Warnings: None
————————————————————————
Recap:

We start to watch TV when something pops up. "Breaking news," the person starts off, "The suspect driver of the drive by from a few days ago is now in custody."

Alex's and my eyes widen when this is said. Once it cuts back to the show we were watching I am not looking at the TV anymore. Alex tightens her hold around me, "It's gonna be ok."

I snuggle more into her a close my eyes as tears start to stream down my face. "It will be ok, I will be here for you every step of the way," Alex tells me.

I nod and yawn as I start to feel sleepy. "Go to sleep, Y/N," Alex tells me.

I let sleep start to take me when I feel Alex place a kiss on my head. "I am never leaving you ever again," she says as I'm lulled into sleep.
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

I wake up feeling a little cold. I look to where Alex was laying and she's not there, there is a note though.

Dear Y/N,
I hope you slept well and I hope you are feeling ok. I had to leave early this morning to catch a flight to Tampa for the SheBelieves Cup. The game will be on March 5th if you want to watch. I will come straight back to Utah once the game is over, some others might be coming as well. I'll see you soon.
- Alex

I have a smile on my face once I finish reading the letter. I set it down on the table and Dr. Miller walks into my room. "Good morning, how did you sleep," she asks me.

"I slept alright, only a little bit of pain," I tell her.

"That's good," she says, "I'm going to change your bandages and check your ribs then a nurse will bring in breakfast for you."

"Ok, sounds good," I say.

Dr. Miller walks over to my right hand. She takes the bandages off my knuckles and cleans them. She applies some ointment on it and then wraps it.

Next, she moves the blanket that is covering my right leg. My eyes widen when I see my thigh wrapped up, I didn't know that was there.

Dr. Miller takes the wrap off and I see multiple cuts across my thigh. She does the same thing she did to my knuckles. "Ok, so bandages are done. I'm not gonna take of the wrap around your ribs because they need to stay stabilized right now. So just tell me how they feel," she says.

"They're not too bad, of course they only really hurt when I move," I say.

She nods, " That's good. Ok, you're all set, I'll come back later just to check in. A nurse will be in soon with breakfast," Dr. Miller tells me and walks out.

After about five minutes a nurse walks in with food. "So for breakfast today we have pancakes, bacon, toast, and a banana. There is also some apple juice," she says as she places the tray in front of me.

"Thank you," I say and she nods and leaves the room.

I start to eat with only one thought on my mind, I want some real food.
———
It is March 5th and the game just finished. We beat Brazil 1-0. Thanks to Tobin in the 20th minute, we won. Even though we won the last game, England still came out on top.

As I am watching a show that is on, my phone rings. I slowly reach for since my arm is a little sore and I pick it up. "Hello," I say when I answer it.

"Hey, Y/N/N," the person says and I instantly smile.

"Hey, Alex. Great game tonight."

"Thank you. I'm just calling to let you know that I'm on my way to the airport to come to Utah," she says and my smile grows.