Chapter 38

Warnings: Swearing. Violence.
(A/N: You're all probably going to hate me, but it's all part of the story. Enjoy!)
————————————————————————
Recap:

He stops a few feet away, "Somehow, my wife found out what I did. Her along with my kids left me," he says.

"I'm sorry, I am. How does this go back to me though? You're the one that agreed to it, it's my mom'a fault," I say as I back up and he walks closer.

"But you're why she hired me," Tristan says as he pulls out a pocket knife.

My eyes widen and my back hits the wall. "It's my mom's fault," I say.

"And you're the only one left that can feel the pain," Tristan says as he is now right in front of me, "Don't worry, I'll make it quick, maybe."
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

I go to punch Tristan and I hit him in the face and he stumbles backwards. He wipes the blood from his nose and snarls. He tries to hit me, but I duck which results in him punching the wall and yelling.

I start to run, but something hits my back making me fall. Before I can see what it was, Tristan walks over to me a picks me up. I struggle against his hold, but he holds me tighter.

Tristan pushes me up against the wall and holds me there. "Have fun in hell," he says and thrusts the knife into my stomach.

I yell, but he covers my mouth. I'm trying to breathe but all I feel is pain. I try and scream for help, but it's muffled by his hand.

Tristan takes the knife out then stabs me in the stomach again. I cry out and try to get out of his hold. "Just two more," he whispers.

He takes the knife out and plunges it into my right arm. I cry out again and Tristan takes the knife out and the stabs it into my arm again. After a few seconds he takes it out and let's go of me.

I take ragged breaths as I slide down the wall onto the floor. Pain coursing through my body. Tristan smiles then cleans the knife on my shirt. I try to form words, but they won't come out.

"Bye, Y/N," Tristan says wiping the blood from his nose then walking away.

Tears are rolling down my face as I weakly grab my phone out of my pocket. I hit the contact and slowly bring the phone up to my ear.

"Y/N?! Baby?! Where are you," Alex says worriedly.

I try and talk my best, "Al-Alex, help me," I say quietly.

"Y/N?! What's wrong," Alex says and I hear shuffling in the background.

I groan loudly at the pain I feel and my mind goes fuzzy. "We're coming baby, I have you're location. Just hold on, please," Alex says and I hear a ton of movement.

I close my eyes and try and take a shaky breath, "I-I love you, Alex."

"I love you too, Y/N. Don't leave me, not again," she says, "Just stay on the phone with me."

"I do-don't want to-to die," I say as I start to cry more.

"I know, I know. I don't want you to either. We're coming, baby. We're almost there," Alex says.

After a few minutes I can barely hold on any longer. I hear multiple footsteps, but I keep my eyes close with my phone now on the ground.

"Call an ambulance," someone shouts as someone takes me into their arms.

"Y/N, you gotta wake up, please," they say.

I weakly open my eyes and my eyes connect with Ashlyn's. "It hurts," I mumble out and my breathing starts to speed up. I feel something come up my throat and I cough. I see blood come out.

"Shit," someone says, "Stay with us Y/N."

I look to my left and I see Alex crying in Carli's arms. My eyes start to close and I feel someone tap my cheek, "Don't close them, Speedy. Stay awake, please."

I don't have anymore strength left in me as I completely close my eyes. I hear screams then I'm taken away.
———
Kelley's POV:

Y/N's eyes close and her breathing starts to slow down. Everyone screams telling her to wake up. "You cannot leave us," I say and apply more pressure to her wounds.

"Where the fuck is the ambulance," Hope shouts as she applies pressure as well.

Then there are sirens coming closer and closer. "Over here," Julie shouts and the paramedics run over with their supplies and a gurney.

"Y/N! Wake up! Please," Alex shouts as she gets out of Carli's arms, but Adrianna and Alyssa hold her back.

Y/N is placed on the gurney and they put an oxygen mask on her. They quickly rush her away and Alex gets on the ambulance.

I sit on the ground and look at the blood on my hands. I let out a loud cry and I feel arms wrap around me. "She'll get through it, baby," Hope says quietly.

"We need to go," Christen says and starts to walk away.

Tobin stands up with tears in her eyes, "Come on guys."

Everyone quickly leaves to go the hospital, but I zone out. "I'm gonna kill him," I mutter and stand up, "I'm gonna fucking kill him. This is the third fucking time she ends up in the hospital."

"Babe, babe, look at me," Hope says and stands in front of me.

"I can't lose her, Hope. She's my best friend, she's like my sister," I say and Hope pulls me into her embrace.

"Which is why we need to be there for her," Hope says and I nod, "Let's go to the hospital, come on," Hope says and we quickly leave.
———
Alex's POV:

I'm sitting in the waiting room starring at the wall with tears streaming down my face. They had to take Y/N immediately back for surgery. She flatlined twice on the way here. "Alex, sweetheart," I hear someone say and I turn my head and I see my family.

I stand up and walk into my mom's embrace. "Allie called, she told us what happened. We are so sorry, honey," my mom says and I cry harder.

The door to the waiting room opens and the entire team walks in. Everyone has tear stains on their cheeks or they're still crying. I look at Ashlyn, Kelley, and Hope. They have Y/N's blood on them. Ali is holding Ashlyn and Hope and Kelley are holding each other.

"Why," Christen asks as everyone sits down, "Why is it always Y/N," Christen says and Tobin holds her.

I look at Emily and I can see she is trying so hard not to cry. "Sonny," I say and she looks at me.

I open my arms and she immediately comes over. She sits in my lap and cries into my shoulder. I look at everyone else. Mal, Rose, Sam, and Lindsey are in a corner together. Carli and Becky are staring off into space. Everyone is distraught.

After a few minutes the doctor walks in, "Family of Y/N Y/L," she says and everyone stands up.

She gives us a sad smile. "How is she," I ask as I walk over.

The doctor sighs and looks down.
————————————————————————
There you go! So, Utah Royals is playing the Houston Dash today and Reign is playing Sky Blue. Who do you want to win?

I hope you guys enjoyed the update! Don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!