Chapter 36

Warnings: None
————————————————————————
Recap:

I laugh and place my phone down. I get under the covers and Alex instantly cuddles into me. "Thank you," I say.

"For what," Alex asks.

"For being here and for helping me," I say as I look at her, "I have no idea what I would be like or where I would be without you," I tell her.

Alex smiles and leans up to place a kiss on my lips, "Always, Y/N."

I smile and Alex rests her head on my chest. I at the ceiling as Alex watches TV.

Maybe my life is finally coming together or it's falling apart.
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

Today is the day before the round of 16 game against Spain. We are back in Reims and the team has light training today. Dawn wants me to come because she said she wants to work on some things with me.

Hartley and I have been texting. We have done FaceTime too which is how she is now involved in a group chat with Mal, Lindsey, Rose, and Emily. I already know that those five girls are gonna be crazy.

We just arrived at the field. The team gets off the bus and go to the locker room. I walk to the field because Dawn wants to start right away. "Here," Dawn says when I get to the field.

I take the cleats from her, "What are these for?"

"I never told you what we were doing today," Dawn says with a smile.

I sigh, "Are you serious?"

"Yep, were gonna do some conditioning first. Then I'm going to get one of the girls to pass with you for a little and then we are going to shooting," Dawn says as she walks away to get everything set up for me.

"I'm not ready though," I shout to her.

Dawn just keeps walking and then a hand is placed on my arm. I turn around to see Alex, "You'll be fine, I believe in you," she says then kisses my cheek and walks away to warm up.

I smile as Alex walks away then I put the cleats on. "Y/N! Let's go," Dawn shouts and I turn to where she is and run over to her.

"So, you're gonna do the warm up that we always do while I go do the warm up with the girls, sound good?"

"Yep," I say and Dawn nods and walks away.

I huff and start to warm up. After a few minutes I finish and Dawn walks over. "You ready," Dawn asks.

"Not even close," I say.

"Too bad, get on the end line," she tells me.

I take a deep breath and get on the end line. "Alright, you're gonna run to the other end line and back till I say stop."

I look at Dawn, "Really?"

"Yep. Alright, countdown, five," she says and I close my eyes.

"Four," take a deep breath.

"Three," focus my mind.

"Two," open eyes and focus on finish line.

"One," go.
———
Alex's POV:

I watch as my girlfriend runs back and forth on the field.

"How long has she been running," Sam asks as her and the rest of the team stand next to me.

"About forty five minutes," I answer.

"Are you serious," Ashlyn asks.

I nod.