Chapter 7

Warnings: None
——————————————————————
Recap:

I close my eyes when I feel the person pull away and pull the blanket over me and I sink into the warmth. The person runs their fingers through my hair and kisses my forehead then I hear them walk away.

Right before I give in to sleep I hear the person say this, "I love you, Y/N," then I'm consumed into sleep.

———
Present

Y/N's POV:

I groan as the sunlight hits my eyes. I have a killer headache and I feel my stomach churn. I jump out of bed and run to the bathroom. I reach the toilet just in time as I empty the contents I had yesterday.

I wipe the sweat off my head as I lean against the bath tub. I stand up and I look at myself in the mirror. "Dang," I say as I see how tired and messed up I look.

I go over to my medical kit to grab some Advil to help my headache. I grab a water bottle out of the refrigerator and sit on the bed. I take the medicine and grab my phone. It's 9 am and breakfast is at 9:30 for the staff and team.

I change into some USWNT basketball shorts and USWNT shirt. Right when I finish changing someone knocks on the door. I groan and go to the door. "What do you want," I say as I open the door and my eyes widen when I see Jill.

"Hello to you too," Jill says with a smile.

"Come in," I say as I walk into my room, "Sorry for how I acted when I opened the door, I'm just really hungover," I say as I sit on my bed.

Jill sits next to me. "I want to talk to you about what happened yesterday," Jill tells me.

I sigh as I look down, "What do you remember," Jill asks me.

I think for a little before I respond, "Um, I remember leaving the hotel and going to bar. I drank and danced with a girl. Then two people pulled me out of the bar and took me back here."

Jill laughs and I look at her confused, "Dawn and I dragged you out, you were really out of it."

I chuckle as I lay my head on her shoulder. "Do you remember what happened when we got back to the hotel," Jill asks me.

"All I remember is someone taking me to my room and some things they said to me, I just don't know who," I tell Jill as I take my head off her shoulder, "Do you know?"

Jill sighs, "It was Alex."

Right after she says that I put my face in my hands, "Shit."

I look back up, "I'm sorry for how I acted last night Jill. It's a lot, I learned things that I don't know if I wanted to learn or not. The team just hurt me, Alex hurt me, and I don't know if the pain will go away."

Jill wraps an arm around my shoulders, "I know, kid. It's hard, but I think you should hear them out when you're ready. The team probably kept whatever it was to protect you and Alex knows she made a mistake. I'm gonna tell you something no one else on the teams knows," Jill says.

I look at her with curiosity, "Ever since Alex left you, she's been going to therapy. To help with her emotions. The pain of leaving you got to her and she thought it was best she goes to therapy. Alex sees the team therapist 3 times a week and she has a therapist in Orlando," Jill tells me.

My eyes are wide as I process what Jill told me. "Thank you for telling me. Do you think you can give me a few? I'll be at breakfast in a little," I tel her.

"Of course, but one more thing," Jill says as she stands up, "You need to get your act together somehow or I'm gonna have to let you go."

I nod, "You got it Jill," I say and she leaves.