Chapter 17

Warnings: None
————————————————————————
Recap:

I look back up at her with tears in my eyes, "You died. I saw you die, Y/N."

Y/N sighs, "I did, but I'm here now and I don't plan on going anywhere."

I nod at her, "Can I hold your hand," I ask her.

"Yeah," she says as she turns her hand over.

I place my hand in hers and she gives me a light squeeze. "I saw my mom," Y/N says and my eyes widen when she says that.

"She told me what she did. I'm sorry," she tells me.

"Why are you sorry, Y/N, you were the one that was hurt," I tell her.

"But you were too," she says as she slowly places her hand on my cheek.

I lean into her hand, "I now know you didn't cheat on me and I know why you didn't tell me that you didn't. It'll take some time, especially with me like this, but I think there is a chance we might get to what we used to be."

I smile at her words and take her hand from my face and place a kiss on it. "Thank you for being here, Alex."

"Of course, Y/N."
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

After Alex says that Dr. Miller walks in, she told me who she was before she got Alex for me. "Hello, ladies. I'm happy that you are awake Y/N," she tells me.

I smile underneath the oxygen mask since my breathing is still not normal. "I'm also happy that your wife is here with you," she says and my eyes widen as I look at Alex.

Alex gives me an embarrassed smile after that, but Dr. Miller continues to talk, "For right now, Y/N will need to stay here. There are some things that we still need to monitor."

"Ok, thank you Dr. Miller," Alex says.

"Of course," she says, "I will be back later," Dr. Miller says as she walks out the door.

Once she walks out of the door I slowly turn my head towards Alex and see that she is already looking at me. "Why did she say you were my wife," I ask her.

Alex chuckles a little, "It was the only way I could see you the day of the accident," she tells me.

I laugh a little but stop when it gets hard to breath. I close my eyes and feel Alex's fingers run through my hair. "Ali and Ashlyn are here," Alex says.

I open my eyes and look at her, "You can tell them to come in," I tell her.

She nods and leaves the room to get them. After a few seconds the door opens and Alex walks in first with Ashlyn and Ali trailing behind her. "Hey, guys," I say quietly.

They both quickly walk over to me a give me a gentle hug. I smile once they pull away, "How are you," I ask them.

"How are we? How are we? We saw you die," Ashlyn tells me.

My face softens when she says that, "I know, but I'm here now and like I told Alex, I don't plan on going anywhere," I tell her.

She smiles and sits next to me. "I saw my mom," I tell Ali and Ashlyn, "She told me what she did."

"We're so sorry," Ali says.

"It's ok, I now know why you did it, it's just gonna take time," I tell her with a smile.
———
It is now the next day and Ali and Ashlyn left an hour ago to head to Tampa for the next SheBelieves Cup game. Alex was told that she can leave tomorrow so she is spending every second she can get with me.

Right now we are talking when Dr. Miller walks in. "Hi, Y/N. Hi, Alex," she says as she walk over to me.

"I am just here to check everything," Dr. Miller says as she starts to check my vitals.

I hold my hand out to Alex and she holds my hand with a smile. "It seems like your breathing is back to normal, Y/N. So we can take off that oxygen mask," Dr. Miller tells me as she takes the mask off.

Alex smiles at me as she starts to gently rub my hand with her thumb. "How is your arm and leg feeling," Dr. Miller asks as she walks in front of the bed after checking everything.

"Well, they hurt, a lot," I tell her as tears start to fall down my face, I couldn't hold the pain in anymore.

Alex gives me a sad smile and wipes my tears away. "Ok, I will up the dosage for pain meds," Dr. Miller says as she walks over to my IV.

Dr. Miller starts to speak again, "I am going to do a brain scan in a few days to check the swelling in your brain. Based on your results and how you are feeling we can send you home and you can start physical therapy a little bit after. I will also be back either tomorrow morning or afternoon to change your bandages and check your ribs."

I give her a small smile, "Thanks, Doc," I say.

She nods with a smile and walks out the room. "It seems like you're doing well, Y/N/N," Alex tells me with a smile.

I nod softly and look down, "What's wrong," Alex asks.

I look up at her, "I live by myself, Al. In a small one bedroom apartment. I can't go home."

"You can stay with me in Orlando," Alex tells me.

I give her a smile and lightly squeeze her hand, "Thank you Alex, that means a lot."

"Of course," she tells me.

"We are going to need to stop by my apartment though so I can grab my things," I tell Alex.

Alex nods, "We can do that."

I smile and wince a little when I start to sit up. Alex's eyes widen as she helps me so I'm not in as much pain. "Thanks, Al."

She smiles at me. "Do you think you can lay with me," I ask her, "I won't get to see you for a few days and I'm just scared."

Alex nods with a smile and helps me move over a little. She moves the wires slowly that are elevating my arm and leg so there is room for her and so I'm not in a lot of pain.

She lays next to me and I push myself into her embrace as she wraps an arm around me. "Thank you again, Alex."

"Of course, Y/N/N."

We start to watch TV when something pops up. "Breaking news," the person starts off, "The suspect driver of the drive by from a few days ago is now in custody."

Alex's and my eyes widen when this is said. Once it cuts back to the show we were watching I am not looking at the TV anymore. Alex tightens her hold around me, "It's gonna be ok."

I snuggle more into her a close my eyes as tears start to stream down my face. "It will be ok, I will be here for you every step of the way," Alex tells me.

I nod and yawn as I start to feel sleepy. "Go to sleep, Y/N," Alex tells me.

I let sleep start to take me when I feel Alex place a kiss on my head. "I am never leaving you ever again," she says as I'm lulled into sleep.
————————————————————————
Hello! Here is the first update for today and I will try to update later. I just want to say thank you for all your guys support on this book, it means so much to me. I hope you all have an amazing day! Don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!