Chapter 55

Warnings: None.
————————————————————————
Recap:

I stay leaning against the wall. I then look to my right and see reporters outside the window and my eyes widen, "What the fuck?"

I have never seen this happen for any of us. I guess they want an insight on my fucked up past.
———

Present

Y/N's POV:

It is the day after our final game before the Olympics. We won against Jamaica and China which is great for us. Fortunately, I have been able to not talk to any media. There have been a bunch of articles about my past with some false things and unfortunately, some true.

Right now I am getting prepared for my first and final media conference before we leave for the Olympics in two days. Right now, Christen, Julie, Becky, and I are waiting outside the room of the conference room.

"This is going to suck," I say as Lauren walks over with our media manager.

"Only answer what you want to, Y/N/N," Becky says and I send her a small smile.

"You girls ready?" Cheney asks.

We nod and the room door opens. Christen walks in first, with me following behind, then Julie and Becky.

"Good afternoon everyone," Cheney says as she enters, "As always, please respect these players with the questions you ask and their responses."

Then our media manager speaks, "Like Mrs. Holiday said, please be respectful of what questions you ask. You may begin."

Immediately all of the press shoot their hands up. "Yes, ma'am?" Our media manager says pointing to a woman in the front.

"This is for Ms. Y/L," she says and I straighten up, "Is it true that your mother kicked you out when you were seventeen?"

I take a deep breath, "Yes, it is true."

"Is it also true that you and Alex Morgan were engaged before now and your mother was the reason for you two ending your relationship?" She asks.

"Yes," I say being short with my answers not wanting to go into detail.

"Yes sir, in the corner," the media manager asks.

"I also have a question for Ms. Y/L," he says.

Christen grabs my hand under the table to comfort me as I slightly tense. "Is it true that your old boss is the reason you lost your arm?" He asks.

"Are there any questions for me that do not relate to my past?" I ask everyone and no one raises their hand.

I immediately stand up and walk out of the room. I continue walking till I get outside which have more press. I quickly walk in the opposite direction and I pull out my phone.

"Where are you?" Lauren asks as she picks up.

"I'm on my way back to the hotel. I couldn't be there anymore only to be asked questions about my past," I tell her.

"Okay, I understand. Please stay safe, let the other girls know you are on your way back. I'll call Hope and let her know."

"Will do, thanks Cheney," I say then hang up.

I then call Alex. "Hey, babe. I thought you had a conference right now," she says.

"I did, but I left. All of them wanted to ask about my past and I did not want to deal with that," I tell her.

"They are fucking assholes," Alex says and I smile, "Are you on your way back?"

"Yeah, I'll be there soon," I say as I cross the street.

"Ok, stay safe. I love you," Alex says and my smile grows.

"I love you too," I tell her then we hang up.

I hear shouts behind me and I turn to see the press more press. "What the fuck?" I mutter as my eyes go wide.

I start walking backwards as they get closer. I turn and start to run as they pick up their pace. I pick up my speed knowing that I could lose them. I quickly turn down the streets and turn to see that they are not behind me.

I walk into the hotel and let out a deep breath. "You okay?" I hear and I look to see Hope coming to me.

"Yeah,  just in shock," I say as Hope places a hand on my back.

"Alex is on her way down," Hope says and I wrap my arms around her.

"I'm sorry about all of this," Hope tells me as she wraps her arms around me.

"It's not your fault," I tell when I hear footsteps.

I let go of Hope and see Alex walking towards us. "Hey," I say and she immediately places her hands on my cheeks.

"Are you alright? Did anything else happen?" Alex asks concerned.

"Besides being followed on the way here, yeah I'm okay," I tell her.

"I'm so sorry you're going through this," Alex says as she runs her thumbs over my cheeks.

"It's okay. I have you and that's all I need," I tell her and she smiles.

"Thanks, Hope," Alex says as she looks behind me.

"No problem," Hope says as she walks away to her room.

"Come on," Alex says pulling me to the elevator.

Once we are in the elevator, Alex pulls me into her and rests her head on my chest. I run my fingers through her hair till we get to the floor we are on. We make our way to our room and once we enter my eyes go wide when I see the entire team.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask as Alex closes the door.

"We thought you needed some family time," Tobin says as she sits at the desk.

"So we thought, why not team bonding. Just watching a movie with junk food," Lindsey says pulling out a bunch of junk food.

My eyes go wide as I look at the food, "How the hell did you get that past Hope?"

Everyone points at Kelley and I start laughing. "Ok then," I say and Alex pulls me over to an open spot on the bed.

The Hunger Games start playing on the TV as I get on the bed. Alex cuddles into me on my right side. I watch as Emily climbs over people then gets to me. "Hi," she says with a bright smile as she lays her head on my lap.

"Hey Em," I say as I rub her back.

After a few minutes Becky, Julie, and Christen walk in. The team looks at them then Becky speaks up.

"Media is such a bitch sometimes," she says and everyone's eyes go wide at her words.

"What happened?" Sam asks.

"They kept asking about Y/N past," Julie says and I look down.

"Lauren had to tell them to stope asking about that or they wouldn't get their press conference," I hear Christen say.

"I'm sorry guys," I say as I look up and everyone looks at me, "I'm sorry you were brought into this."

"It's not your fault Speedy," Ash says.

"Its whoever leaked the information and the staff is working on to figure out who it was," Abby tells me.

I sigh and look back down. My eyes connect with Emily's and she gives me small smile. She sits up and pulls me in for a hug. I feel more arms start to surround us and I start to feel at home.

This team is truly my family.
————————————————————————
Hi, everyone! I hope you are all well and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you have any requests for this book or any others, let me know. Don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!