Chapter 4

Warnings: None
—————————————————————-

Recap:

I sigh as we take off thinking about everything that will happen in a few hours. I feel Kelley lean her head on my shoulder. I look down at her, "What happened to all your craziness Kell," I ask with a chuckle.

Kelley hums as she wraps her arms around my arms, "I haven't forgiven myself after what happened last year. I felt like it was my fault and I haven't always acted the same. I am also just tired," she says with a chuckle.

I laugh and lean my head on top of hers and close my eyes. Maybe going won't be so bad.

———
Present

Y/N POV:

After a six hour flight we finally land in Philadelphia. Kelley was asleep on my shoulder the entire flight while Becky and Christen watched some movies. I just sat there thinking about how the team is going to react when they see me.

I lightly flick Kelley on the head to wake her. She groans as she hits my hand away and Christen, Becky, and I laugh. We stand up to get off the plane. Once we are in the airport we go to the baggage claim and grab our things.

On the way to the baggage claim I call Tristan. "Hey, Y/N," he says, "How was the flight?"

"It was good," I say as I look at Becky, Christen, and Kelley, "I saw Kelley, Christen, and Becky today. We were on the same flight," I tell him.

"Wow," he says surprised, "How was it to see them?"

"It was ok, it was nice to see them again. I can tell that they are sorry for what happened and that they missed me," I tell Tristan.

"That's good, I'm proud of you with being able to handle this," he tells me.

I smile when he says that. "I gotta go Trist, we are at baggage claim. I'll call when I can."

"Alright, Y/N/N, stay safe"

"Will do, bye Tristan."

"Bye, Y/N/N," he says and we hang up.

We get all our bags and make our way out of the airport.

"Hey, Y/N," Christen says as we walk towards the car Jill sent for us.

"What's up Chris," I say.

"I thought you stopped playing the guitar," Christen says while pointing at my guitar and don't worry, it's in a case.

I shrug before answering, "I got back into playing after what happened. Besides soccer, music was my only escape from the world," I say as we get to the car.

All of us get into the car, Becky in the drivers seat, Kelley in the passenger, and Christen and I in the back. "Do you think you could maybe play for the team at some point? A lot of them haven't heard you play before," Christen tells me.

"I'll think about it," I answer her with a small smile.

On the way to the hotel Jill text Kelley telling her for us to park in the back of the hotel. She doesn't want anyone to see me because she knows how I feel about seeing everyone right away.

Once we get to the hotel Becky parks in the back. We get out of the car and I see Jill and Dawn standing by the back door. They walk over and Dawn pulls me into a hug. "I missed you, kid," she says as she pulls away, "It's nice to have you back," she says as she walks over to the car to help with some bags.

Jill then walks over and I pull her into a hug. Weirdly, Jill became some sort of mother figure after she learned what happened with my mom. "Thanks for calling Jill. I'm gonna be honest, it's been rough keeping up with money. Thank you for the opportunity," I say as I pull away.