Chapter 46

Warnings: None.
————————————————————————
Recap:

"How is it going with the prosthetic arm," Sydney asks me.

"It's alright, definitely weird, but I did learn how to take a cap off a water bottle today," I say with a proud smile.

"That's great, Speedy," Ashlyn says and my smile grows.

"When do you guys start training," I ask.

"Two weeks," Ali says.

"Do you think I can come, to train," I ask and everyone looks at me.

"Of course," Alex says and she grabs my hand.

"We would love to have you back out there," Ashlyn says.

I guess I'm going back to soccer.
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

"You ready?" Alex asks me as I step onto the treadmill.

"Honestly, no," I say and Alex chuckles.

"You just need to get used to running like this for playing, that's what Dr. Davis said," Alex says and she leans on the side, "She also said it would help with physical therapy."

I sigh, "Alright."

"Good, come here," Alex says and I look at her confused.

She pulls me down by my shirt and kisses me. "Good luck kiss," Alex says when she pulls away.

I smile, "Thanks baby."

"I'll be in the living room doing some work, if you need me just shout. I love you," Alex says and she starts to walk inside.

"I love you you too!" I shout and I hear Alex laugh.

I take a deep breath and turn back to face forward. I start up with just walking then I get to a light jog. It's not that bad right now.

After a few minutes I turn the speed up to a faster pace. Once I'm at a nice pace I just stay with it. I start to get used to the feeling and I smile. Once I start to feel tired I slow down the pace and come to a light jog. "Hey," Alex says walking in, "How's everything? You've been running for an hour."

My eyes widen when she says this, "An hour?"

"Yeah," Ales says walking towards me, "You sure you're ok?"

"I feel great," I say then step off the treadmill, "Just a little tired."

"Why don't we go take a shower?" Alex says while grabbing my hand, "Then we can just relax since you have physical therapy tomorrow?"

"That sounds perfect," I say with a bright smile then we go inside.
———
It has been one week since I ran on the treadmill and today is the first day of training. "You ok?" Alex asks when we stop at a light.

"Yeah," I say and Alex looks at me with a look. I huff a little, "Fine, no. I'm nervous."

"And that's understandable, baby," Alex says when the light turns green, "I believe in you, Sydney, Ali, and Ashlyn believe in you. Also, remember that Carson said she would be there to help and support you one hundred percent."

I nod, "You're right."

Alex smiles and we pull up to the practice field. We get out of the car and grab our things and head to the field. "Speedy!" Ashlyn tells once Alex and I step on the field.

My eyes go wide when I see her running to me. Ashlyn picks me up and spins me around. "Ok, Ash," I say while laughing.

"Sorry," she chuckles and sets me down.