Chapter 56

6 years later

"Mommy," I hear my five year old daughter, Bailey, say happily as I walk into the living room.

"Hi, sweetheart," I say with a smile as I pick her up.

As you can see it's been a while. Since 2020 a lot has happened. We won the 2020 Olympics against Australia in the finals. After the Olympics, Alex got pregnant with Bailey. I should also mention that Bailey is a striking image of Alex. The hair and the eyes, everything.

While she was pregnant, we also got married. "Good morning Mrs. Morgan," I say to my wife as I walk into the kitchen with Bailey.

"Good morning Mrs. Morgan and my beautiful daughter," Alex says with a bright smile as she sees Bailey and I.

"Hi, Momma," Bailey says with a bright smile.

Of course I took Alex's last name, I definitely did not want my mom's last name anymore. We now live in London since I decided to continue to play for Arsenal and after Alex had Bailey, she permanently transferred to play for Tottenham.

There were the Olympics in 2023. Going to be honest, it was an interesting tournament, but in the end we secured our fifth World Cup win in an intense rematch against the Netherlands.

"Hey Mom," Alex's and mines seventeen year old daughter, Olivia, says as she kisses my cheek.

"Hi, Momma," Olivia says to Alex as she kisses her cheek.

"Hi, Livy," Bailey says making her smile.

"Hey, cutie pie," Olivia says kissing Bailey's forehead.

After 2023 Olympics we adopted Olivia along with her twin brother, Asher. "Where's Ash?" Alex asks as I sit Bailey down at the table.

"In Mom's music room," Olivia says making me look up.

"I'll be right back," I say heading down to the basement.

I walk in and see Asher messing around on my guitar. "This sucks," Ash says as he tries to play the guitar.

"You want some help?" I ask and Asher quickly looks up to see me.

"I don't understand what pushed you so hard to learn the guitar like this," he says raising his prosthetic arm.

"Ok first," I say pulling a chair in front of him and sitting down, "There is no shame in having a prosthetic arm, Asher. Also, I pushed myself to learn the guitar not only for myself, but for your Momma as well."

"What do you mean?" He asks confused.

"I lost my arm a year before our wedding," I say and he looks at me shocked, "I worked and worked everyday to learn how to play the guitar and piano for our wedding. Of course I had help and the help was all of your aunts. While you can't see them as much as I saw them, you have me."

Asher smiles and sets the guitar down. "Thanks Mom," he says pulling me into a hug.

"Of course. Now come upstairs, we have breakfast."

As you can see, there is a clear reason why we adopted the twins. Alex and I also felt a strong connection with them and they are both great with Bailey. The twins have light brown hair and brown eyes, so they can definitely pass as our biological children. It doesn't matter though because no matter what, they are my kids.

We adopted the twins and then the Olympics happened in 2024. Let me tell you something, that was one of the most sad Olympics I have ever experienced. No, we did not lose, we won, but that was the last Olympics for many people. A lot of people retired, Alex and I have not yet, but we are planning on it.

Now, onto some people. Tobin and Christen are married and have a two year old son, Zachary.

Ashlyn and Ali have a three year old daughter, Riley, and a one year old son, Winston.

Kelley got married to her girlfriend and they have a one year old daughter, Ellie.

Sonnett is being Sonnett and is continuing to have the time of her life with soccer.

Lauren and Hope are still the coaches for the team, which has been great.

Hartley is now twenty two and let me tell you something, my sister is smart. She graduated from Oxford last year and now plays with me on Arsenal and the USWNT. Also, she is still with Elijah. He moved to England with her and got a job while she was at Oxford.

My dad and Vivian still live in Portland. We have grown closer ever since my wedding.

"Ashy," Bailey says with a smile as Asher and I get upstairs.

"What's up, Superstar," Asher says with a bright smile as he sits next to Bailey.

"Hey Ash," Olivia says sitting on the other side of Bailey.

"Hey Liv," he says with a smile.

"I'm here, sorry I'm late," Hartley says entering the house.

"Aunt Hartley," the kids say getting up and running towards my sister.

"What's up kiddos," Hartley says as she wraps her arms around them.

"I'm here too," Elijah says walking in making me chuckle.

"Uncle Lijah," Bailey says jumping into Elijah's arms.

"Hi, Pumpkin," he says to Bailey while holding her.

"Hey Uncle Elijah," the twins say hugging him.

Yes, I know that Elijah and Hartley are close in age with the twins, but Olivia and Asher truly see them as their Uncle and Aunt. They all have a strong bond.

"Let's eat breakfast," Alex says and everyone comes to sit down.

"You guys ready to leave?" I ask once everyone is done.

Everyone nods and the kids rush off to get their bags. Right, I didn't tell you, we are going to the U.S. for Christmas. All the girls are, even the one's that retired, are having a reunion.

"I'll grab our bags," I tell Alex.

"Thank you," she tells me as she kisses my cheek.

I walk to our bedroom and grab our bags, but stop when I see a bracelet on our dresser. I set the bags down and walk over to it. I smile softly as I pick up the bracelet.

"Memories," I hear and I turn to see Hartley leaning against the doorway.

She holds up her wrist and I see the bracelet I got her six years ago. "Yeah, memories," I say as I put the matching bracelet on.

"Come on," Hartley says helping me with the bags.

"Let's go, let's go!" Alex shouts as Harley and I get to her and Elijah.

Asher comes down the stairs with his bags and walks out the door to the car. Olivia then comes down with her and Bailey's bags. Bailey comes down the stairs and I smile when I see her with her tiny backpack.

Olivia walks out to the car and I walk to Bailey and she laughs loudly as I pick her up. "Cuties,"  I hear Alex say and I smile as her, Hartley, Elijah, and I walk out of the house. I lock the door then make my way to the car.

"We'll see you there," Hartley says as she and Elijah get to their car.

"Sounds good," I say as I put Bailey in her car seat.

"You kids ready?" I ask as I get into the passenger seat.

"Yes," I hear from all of them.

"We're going home," Alex says to me with a smile as she pulls out of the driveway.

I look at her with a bright smile and hold her hand, "We're going home."
————————————————————————
Wow, that is some big time jump. I hope you all enjoyed and possibly just a couple more chapter till this book comes to an end. Don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!