Chapter 2

Warnings: Mention and use of alcohol. Mention of depression. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap:

Once I finish I have tears streaming down my face. I hear clapping and I look up while I quickly wipe my face. I then come face to face with brown eyes.

"Hi, Y/N," the person says.

"Kelley."

---

Present

Y/N POV:

"What are you doing here," I ask as I stand up and back away slightly.

Kelley frowns a little when she notices me backing away. "I came to look at some guitars for someone and I saw this store and thought it was perfect. Then I saw you through the window and I knew I had to see you," she says while she starts to slowly walk towards me.

I put my hand up towards her and she stops walking. "Well, if you just want to talk I suggest you leave," I tell Kelley as I start to walk towards a rack of guitars. 

Kelley follows me and when I stop at the rack she is about five feet away from me. "Please, Y/N. I miss you. Christen misses you and Mallory misses you. Everyone misses you. We have been trying to contact you for a year. The young ones cried when you dropped of the grid," she says softly.

I turn away from the rack to face her. "Really? Everyone misses me? Even Ms. Morgan," I say while glaring at her as tears start to stream down my face.

Kelley's eyes soften as she walks towards me. I don't move, too afraid to act. Once Kelley reaches me she places her hands on my cheeks and wipes my tears away. She stares into my eyes and then wraps her arms around my shoulders pulling me into a hug. I stand frozen, my arms stuck by my sides, as my breathing starts to pick up and I break down in Kelley's arms.

Kelley slowly lowers us to the ground and she holds me in her arms. After five minutes I realize what I am doing and suddenly stand up. I quickly walk away from Kelley and go back behind the cashier counter. Kelley quickly follows, "Y/N, wait, please. Please don't do this. I need you, Christen needs you, Mallory and Rose need you, we all need you."

I turn around quickly, "Not everyone needs me though. Alex doesn't need me and she proved that a year ago when she left me during our wedding, I was destroyed, Kelley. I got into habits I thought I would never get into. I started drinking, I became depressed. I wasn't myself, I hated myself. I felt like I wasn't enough for anyone. I have trust issues now and I never had that when I was with Alex," I say while crying.

I look Kelley in the eyes, "Kelley, I want you to listen very closely and then I want you to leave."

"Y/N," Kelley starts, "Ple-," I cut her off.

"If you care Kelley, you will do this." Kelley nods while looking down.

"I hate Alex Morgan. She destroyed me and I don't think I will ever be the same. You can tell everyone that you saw me, but I don't want to be contacted. Got it?" I say while looking at her. 

Kelley looks up at me with a frown and nods her head. She turns around to leave and I turn to walk to the back room when I hear Kelley say my name, "Y/N," she says and I stop walking, but don't turn around, "We are all so sorry. Alex regrets leaving you everyday and she wishes she could take it back."

I don't respond and continue to walk to the back room. I sit down on the couch and groan once I hear the entrance bell go off letting me know Kelley left. I look up at the ceiling with tears in my eyes thinking about what just happened. I get up and go to the fridge and grab a beer. I used to drink almost everyday for six months after my wedding day, but I realized that I was getting into a horrible habit. I now only have a beer when I am extremely sad or stressed and right now is a great example of that.

I sit back down on the couch and open my beer. I take a sip of it as I lean more into the couch. Why? Why did I have to see Kelley today or ever?

I am brought out of my thoughts as I hear the entrance bell and I set my beer down and walk back out. 'Time to get back to work,' I think as I go back out.

---

It is now 8pm. I am finally at home after the long day I had today and I am exhausted. I am watching a soccer game right now when it cuts to halftime and the first commercial that shows is one for the World Cup. It shows the entire roster for the USWNT and I groan as I grab a pillow and put it on top of my face.

Thinking the commercial was over, I remove the pillow and then I see her, Alex Morgan. I feel anger and sadness grow inside me as I grab the remote and shut off the TV.

I walk upstairs to get ready for bed. As I am walking up the stairs I get a message. I look at my phone and my heart stops, it was from Kelley.

Kelley: I'm sorry if anyone contacts you. I told them not to, but I could see their happiness Y/N/N. They were so happy.

Y/N: Good to know.

I send it then turn my phone off, I continue going upstairs and put my pajamas on. I brush my teeth and wash my face then get into bed.

Once in bed my phone starts to ring. I role my eyes and grab my phone. "Hello," I say.

"Hi, Y/N, it's Jill," the person says and I sit up.

"Hey, Coach, how may I help you," I ask as I feel fear building up inside me.

"I understand after what happened last year that you wish to not participate in playing soccer right now, but I do know that you have a medical degree, am I correct," Jill asks.

"Yes, I do. May I ask why you ask though," I say.

"I was wondering if you would like to be the team doctor for the games and camps leading up to the World Cup and during the tournament as well," Jill says.

My eyes widen and I get out of bed. "It depends, Jill," I say as I start to pace in my room. 

"Of course, what is it," Jill asks.

"I'm just worried about seeing everyone again, especially you know who," I say,

Jill sighs, "Well, you may interact with them however you want, I just want to let you know that the team does miss you."

I think for a little then I tell Jill my decision, "When do I start?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, everyone. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I decided to update again because I am really excited for this book. Please vote and comment and I hope you stay safe!