Chapter 47

Warnings: None.
————————————————————————
Recap:

"Alex told us what happened. Are you really thinking about playing overseas?"

"I don't know," I say and lean against a rock, "It's a lot right now, Hope. I was just told today, it's not like I've known for weeks."

"I know, but imagine how Alex feels right now, your fiancée," Hope says and I look at the ground.

"I have to call someone," I say.

"Y/N-," Hope says, but I hang up.

I call the next person I need to talk to. "Y/N? What's up?" Marc says when he answers.

"Can you send me the contracts from Arsenal, Chelsea, and Manchester City?"
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

I just arrived back at home. I pull into the driveway and I see Alex's car. I take a deep breath and step out of the car.

I go into the house to see Alex sitting on the couch. She looks up when she hears me enter then stands up. I sigh and walk past her going upstairs. "Y/N," Alex says following me.

"What, Alex?" I ask turning around to face her once we reach our bedroom.

"I'm sorry," she says and I just look at her.

Alex sighs and walks towards me. "I didn't give you a chance to explain and I should of," she says.

"I made my decision," I say and Alex's eyes widen.

"What did you pick?" Alex asks me.

"You'll find out tomorrow," I say.

Alex nod then walks closer to me and wraps her arms around my waist resting her head on my chest. "I'm so sorry," she mumbles.

I sigh and hug her back, "I know."

My phone starts to ring and I groan. Alex pulls away placing a kiss on my cheek. She walks out the room and I answer the phone, "Hello?"

"What did you pick Y/N?"

"Hi to you too, Cheney."

Cheney sighs, "You had us worried."

"I'm sorry," I say sitting on the edge of the bed.

"So, like I said, what did you pick?" Cheney asks me.

"I have a conference tomorrow. Everyone will find out then," I tell her.

"Alright, I'll be waiting. Remember, if you need anything, I'm always here," Cheney tells me and I smile.

"Thanks, Cheney. I'll talk to you soon."

"Sounds good, bye Y/N/N."

"Bye," I say then hang up.

I sigh and stand up. I go downstairs to see Alex making dinner and I smile.

I better be making the right decision.
———
"Welcome everyone," Marc says once I sit down at the table, "Today we are here for Y/N Y/L. She will be revealing what contract she decided to take for her soccer career."

I look at all the reporters in front of me. I then look at the back of the room and I see Alex, Ashlyn, Ali, and Sydney standing there.

"So, without further ado, Y/N, go ahead," Marc says and I send him a small smile.

"Hello, everyone," I say into the microphone, "I will be honest, it was a tough decision. I was offered great contracts by great teams and I am truly grateful for that."