Chapter 16

Warnings: None
————————————————————————
Recap:

She nods, "I hate to say this, but you need to come to Tennessee. I talked to Becky and Carli and they think you need to take some time away from here. We will keep in contact with the hospital and we will let you fly here on the off days," Jill tells me.

I give her a grateful nod, "That would be great Jill, thank you."

She nods and looks at Y/N. "Y/N's a fighter, she will get through this," Jill says.

I just turn back towards Y/N. "We're gonna give you some space, Alex," Dawn says and her and Jill leave the room.

I hold Y/N's hand a rub my thumb gently on it. "I still have the rings," I say, "I hope that we will be able to use them in the future."

I sigh, "Your mom is a bitch. She's the reason I left on our wedding day, she threatened the team and said if we told anyone she would hurt you and us. We had to protect you Y/N/N."

Ashlyn then walks in the room, "We gotta go Alex," she tells me and walks back out.

I turn back toward Y/N and take a deep breath as tears start to build up in my eyes. "I will be back in a few days Y/N, I promise," I say and stand up.

I place a kiss on her forehead. "I love you so much Y/N, I'll see you soon," I say and walk out the room.
———
Present

Alex's POV:

It is March 2nd and we finished our second SheBelieves Cup game, we tied against England 2-2. We are on the bus, everyone is silent because we are not too proud of our performance.

Once we get to the hotel I quickly get off the bus. I am getting on a flight tonight to go to Utah to see Y/N. I have kept in contact with the hospital and nothing wrong or good has happened yet, she's still the same.

When I get to my hotel room I quickly take a shower and pack my things. I am about to leave when Tobin walks through the door. She gives me a sad smile since she knows where I'm going. I walk over to her and give her a hug, "Tell Y/N that we all miss her," Tobin tells me.

I pull away with a smile, "Will do."

I walk down to the first floor and get into a car with Jill, she's taking me to the airport. It was silent for a few minutes before I speak up, "Do you think Y/N will be ok?"

Jill sighs and looks at me before looking back at the road, "Physically, I hope she will be ok. Mentally though, I'm not so sure. That girl has gone through so much, Alex. It's going to be a lot."

I nod agreeing with her and there is nothing said until our goodbyes once I get to the airport.
———
I just arrived at the hospital, it is 4am. I walk into Y/N's room and just stand there looking at her. I take in a deep breath as tears start to build up in my eyes, she looks the same as she did when I first saw her.

I walk over to the bed and sit next to her, "Hey, beautiful," I say, "Everyone misses you, I miss you so much," I tell Y/N as I grab her hand.

I lean down and place a gentle kiss on her hand. I go to the couch that is next to her bed that already has a blanket and pillow. I guess Dr. Miller has them put here for me since she knew I was coming.

I lay down and look at Y/N, "I love you," I say then I fall asleep.
———
I wake up when I here the door to the room open. I look towards it confused and see Ashlyn and Ali walk in. "Hey, guys," I say as I sit up, "Not that I'm happy that you're here, but what are you doing here?"

"Jill let us come," Ali tells me, "We wanted to come and she didn't want you to be by yourself."

I nod and give them a grateful smile. I look over at Y/N. "How is she," Ashlyn asks as her and Ali sit on the other side of the bed.

"She's the exact same as the beginning," I tell her.

"Did they catch the other driver," Ali asks.

It turns out that the accident was ruled as a hit and run since the other driver left right after. I shake my head, "Not yet, they are still looking though."

They nod and look back at Y/N. It's just silence until we here erratic beeping. My eyes, along with Ashlyn's and Ali's go wide. I immediately press the button to notify the nurses and Dr. Miller.

Ashlyn. Ali, and I stand up when Dr. Miller runs in with two nurses. "Back up, please back up," Dr. Miller says as we move back towards the wall.

Y/N flatlines, "NO," I scream as I start to go toward Y/N.

"You all need to leave the room," a nurse tell us.

I look at her, "I can't leave!"

"If you want us to help her, you need to leave the room," the nurse tells me.

We all walk out a I immediately break down once we are in the hallway. Ashlyn and Ali take me into there arms as they break down as well.

"I can't lose her, we can't lose her," I say as I am in their arms.

"I know, I know," Ali says as she hold me tighter.

We pull away from each other when Dr. Miller comes out. We all look at her waiting for an answer, "Someone's asking for you, Alex," Dr. Miller tells me with a smile.

I look at her confused and follow her into the room.

"Hey, Alex," I hear a raspy voice say.

I turn to Y/N and see her awake, "Y/N," I say as I walk over to her.

"We'll give you two some time," Dr. Miller said as her and the other two nurses left the room.

"You're awake," I say as I sit next to her.

"I am," Y/N says quietly with a smile.

I smile back but it fades as I look down. "What's wrong," Y/N asks.

I look back up at her with tears in my eyes, "You died. I saw you die, Y/N."

Y/N sighs, "I did, but I'm here now and I don't plan on going anywhere."

I nod at her, "Can I hold your hand," I ask her.

"Yeah," she says as she turns her hand over.

I place my hand in hers and she gives me a light squeeze. "I saw my mom," Y/N says and my eyes widen when she says that.

"She told me what she did. I'm sorry," she tells me.

"Why are you sorry, Y/N, you were the one that was hurt," I tell her.

"But you were too," she says as she slowly places her hand on my cheek.

I lean into her hand, "I now know you didn't cheat on me and I know why you didn't tell me that you didn't. It'll take some time, especially with me like this, but I think there is a chance we might get to what we used to be."

I smile at her words and take her hand from my face and place a kiss on it. "Thank you for being here, Alex."

"Of course, Y/N."
————————————————————————
I hope you enjoyed! I'm happy I was able to do a second update today. Don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!